Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard or experienced a trans motor shaft breaking?

What would be the cause? Being "too" hard on the drive system? (kids, etc)
Ingersoll 448

Thank you :usa2:

·
Registered
614 Posts
I bought it that way.

The lift arm for the snow plow was still attached, so I assume it happened while moving something with the blade.

I plow in high gear fairly often & sometimes catch myself not coming to a full stop before changing directions.

I imagine if this was done very aggressively, especially while wheel weights were being used, it wouldn't be too hard to reproduce these results.

Luckily for you, it's not a terribly expensive or difficult repair.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
If it were solid that would'nt happen. The hollow inside makes it prone to breakage, though I'm surprised that it even happenes. :headscratcher: :wtf:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That might be the "designed" weak link to avoid destroying the unit itself. You have to remeber the world we live in and some of the people who run these tractors. :facepalm:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Seeing that yours is only the second one I have ever heard of, I wouldn't necessarily think that it is a weak link. It's amazing the abuse that some people subject these tractors to without completely destroying them.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
kjkansasdan said:
Seeing that yours is only the second one I have ever heard of, I wouldn't necessarily think that it is a weak link. It's amazing the abuse that some people subject these tractors to without completely destroying them.
I know... just look on YouTube! Ouch! :facepalm: Poor Case's. :thumbdown: :cry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.