Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,by now we all know that Ingersoll built Lawn and Garden tractors for Massey Ferguson at one point .A lot of you probably also know that Simplicity also built tractors for them.
Well my buddy has a model 2920H Simplicity built Massey that he bought brand new a few years ago. I had never looked it over all that closely until yesterday.
I has the same drive system as a Case/Ingersoll tractor.The hydraulic pump is bolted up behind the engine,and there is a hydraulic motor down on the rear end. What gives? I didn't know Simplicity had a system like that.

Maynard :canada:

· Banned
12,618 Posts
As a side issue, everyone reading this thread should open the link that I provided above and take a long look at the parts manual. The name of the tractor is Simplicity but the way it is constructed is far from being simple. Look at all the small parts used in the linkage systems. Almost all of them are proprietary. If there is serious wear and tear on those parts, you would spend a lot of money buying new ones just to eliminate the free play in those linkages. All of these parts make the Simplicity much harder to restore from a time-invested perspective, as well. Thanks but no thanks. I'll stick with a truly simple tractor to work on......called Case.

· Registered
2,831 Posts
99flhr said:
Hydriv said:
Look at all the small parts used in the linkage systems.
I count only 87 pieces in the trans control linkage.
Good Grief! It must not have cost Case to much to build ours with them being so simplistically made. This Simplicity thing is a night mare to look at! :think: :roll: :???: :shock: :eek: :???: :crazy: :eh: :wtf:
I'm with Hydriv. I'll stay with the Case thank you. :wink:

· Registered
323 Posts
"Simplicity" is one of the reasons I can't understand why Eastman isn't pushing the living heck out of themselves to ADVERTISE what they got ! And your right, this tractor would appear to not cost as much to make as any of the others, especially in its heyday.

Eastman should be literally pounding away at getting the product back to market. Its USA made, its got the very near the same exact quality as a 30+ year old machine and its SIMPLE.

There are hundreds of thousands of people who DO have the money to BUY an Ingersoll..... and I bet many would far rather. But the JD dealer is right down the road with all the flags and banners out front. Even though they sell their share of rancid CRAP made with plastic drive pulleys, the wealthy end up buying them........... because they are there.

Around here, people have four choices..... JD, Cub Cadet, Simplicity and Sears. Thats what they end up buying because there is no Ingy Dealer, and those who have attempted to be one claim to have been hornshwaggled into more than they could take on.

I was at a tractor show over the last weekend (another new tractor followed me home). I met a fellow from Washington State with a class 8 Volvo and huge 5th wheel trailer traveling the country. He claimed to have been at Eastman in Maine recently.... where he was given the impression that there is only a handful of tractors built each month. Something like between 6 and 10 !

What a shame..... what a stinking shame.

· Registered
481 Posts
Well guys I have been hunting for one of these because I also collect Masseys ( and think this would look good next to my Massey Ingy) and this is an impressive machine, I tried buying this one a few years back.

But I agree that Case/Ingersoll's have to be the simplest made machine on the market.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.