Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one has the lift setup that goes under the front axle, which I have found I like more than the other type because the raise and lower is the same as the deck and any other attachment. Push forward to lower, pull back to raise. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bart said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but all utility blades work the same way. :sidelaugh:
Nice. :lol: The blades that have the lift arm going over the top of the front axle are different as far as raising and lowering. With that type you have to pull back the lever to lower and forward to raise. It gets confusing that way when your use to the opposite. :headscratcher: :lol:

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Snotrocket said:
Both ways of attaching the blade operate the exact same way. :lol: Push forward to lower, back to raise. If it didn't you would lose the float option.

Into some scotch tonight? :mrgreen:
Wow I have no excuse because I don't drink :trink: now that I thought about it more :headscratcher: yeah your right. :headscratcher: wow my mind is gone. :headscratcher: :facepalm: :think: I worked a 70 hour week does that count? :smile:
On one of my setups it worked backwards for some reason. I swear! :eek: :wave:

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
Mjoe7 - Nice NOS front blade indeed :thumbup: :thumbup: ! Almost too nice to push dirt and snow around with isn't it :lol: ? I don't mind my above the front axle mount on my H50. I haven't had to mount a Case/Ingersoll front blade any other way then above the front axle so I guess I don't know the advantages or disadvantages either way.

[img=center:35bjt57a]http://www.mytractorforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=114204&d=1280032381[/img:35bjt57a]
[img=center:35bjt57a]http://www.mytractorforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=114209&d=1280032996[/img:35bjt57a]Kenneth

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
KBear said:
I haven't had to mount a Case/Ingersoll front blade any other way then above the front axle so I guess I don't know the advantages or disadvantages either way.
One big disadvantage to the under axle type is that you rip the safety pin off the front of the bar when backing up in the brush. I finally just went with a cotter pin.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bill.H said:
KBear said:
I haven't had to mount a Case/Ingersoll front blade any other way then above the front axle so I guess I don't know the advantages or disadvantages either way.
One big disadvantage to the under axle type is that you rip the safety pin off the front of the bar when backing up in the brush. I finally just went with a cotter pin.
Yeah that and it does not allow much clearance :think: but it does away with that lift rod which I guess isn't the worst thing. :headscratcher:

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KBear said:
Mjoe7 - Nice NOS front blade indeed :thumbup: :thumbup: ! Almost too nice to push dirt and snow around with isn't it :lol: ?

I know I feel the same way. I guess it's no longer NOS now that I used it.

I really like your 222. That's a very nice machine. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Every time I see it it makes me want to go buy back the 224 I learned to drive on back in the day and restore it back to the original colors. :222:

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
Snotrocket said:
Ken is that a lawn or is it carpet? Holy crap that's neat!!!!
:lol: Charles there are days I wish it were carpet, I wouldn't have to water, fertilize, spreads bug and weed killer all over it every time I turn around :crazy: ! Nonetheless, Thank You Very Much for the compliment! Some years I can work pretty hard to keep it [lawn] in good shape and it's nice to have someone recognize my hard work.

Mjoe7 said:
I really like your 222. That's a very nice machine. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Every time I see it it makes me want to go buy back the 224 I learned to drive on back in the day and restore it back to the original colors. :222:
Thank you! I really like my 222 a lot. The PO did a great job taking care of it there's no doubt about that. I'm very proud of it as you may have noticed :lol: . I would sure like to have a 224 in Desert Sunset and Power Red as well. Maybe someday. I noticed your collection of Power Red tractors in another thread which are pretty impressive indeed!

Bill.H said:
I didn't know that. That's a good thing to know! :thumbup:

Kenneth

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Mjoe7 said:
This one has the lift setup that goes under the front axle, which I have found I like more than the other type because the raise and lower is the same as the deck and any other attachment. Push forward to lower, pull back to raise. :thumbup:
Mike: Wow, looks sweet! I have one more mow I think, :mowlawn: then I am going to put my blade on! :usa: I love working the tractor with the plow! Yea......... :letitsnow:!
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lcw62 said:
I could see how it would operate backwards if you had an over the top lift and somehow hooked it up to the bottom of the bolt on lift plate..... :headscratcher: :trink:
That's it! :eek: Don't ask. :???: I just know I didn't have the right lift arm. :thumbdown:

Ok this video explains it... :winterrules:
at 52 sec.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have had both and the only problem I had with the over the axle unit was when I was pushing some heavy wet snow I tried to lift the blade at the end of my push without trying to back up first and I snapped the 1/2" lift rod. Not too big a deal, just welded it back up. I now (even with my under axle unit) make sure I backup a bit BEFORE I reverse at the end of a push.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.