Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my valve cover off today to check the valves on my k321. Both intake and exhaust clearances were correct to book specs. The problem is the intake tappit will freely spin along with the adjustment nut. On the exhaust side, the tappet stayed fixed while the nut turned. Is there something wrong with my intake tappet? Engine seemed to run fine.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took my valve cover off today to check the valves on my k321. Both intake and exhaust clearances were correct to book specs. The problem is the intake tappit will freely spin along with the adjustment nut. On the exhaust side, the tappet stayed fixed while the nut turned. Is there something wrong with my intake tappet? Engine seemed to run fine.

Thanks

Thanks
Im sorry for tagging along on your post, I've been following as I have the same issue in the K321 that I just put in my 222. Mine was smoking a fair amount out of the breather and spitting oil out so I took the breather off to check the filter and the reed valve and valve clearances while I was there. Valve clearences were to speck, but same as you the nut and sleeve just spin. But mine also seems to vibrate pretty substantialy. The motor starts and runs smoothly which is weird as it vibrates the fillings out of my teeth. Again sorry for tagging on maybe someone can help us both! ;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like bad piston rings
That's what I was thinking on the blow by and the smoke coming out the breather. And I've been an Auto Tech for just shy of a decade and have tinkered with small engines for most my life and have rebuilt 3 of these Kohlers so far, gonna be 4 here real soon! ;-) But I had never ran across the spinning nut and sleeve on the valve before it just made me step back and say well that's different! So I guess I'll just pull the motor again and order another rebuild kit and give it a good what for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts