Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:canada: hello from oldfrank , i,m working on a 1970 220 and i,m almost there. Added new paint & decals,tires on the rear and trying to make the seat and back rest like new. Will send pics when it is complete.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Welcome to the group, oldfrank.

Thanks for introducing yourself. When you have the photos of your 220, please start a thread in the Restorations section and include the photos with that. There is also an aftermarket set of seat cushions available for your tractor, if you like.

In the meantime, please explore every aspect of the site. We have a lot of information to offer our members.

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Old Frank: Welcome to the site, we're glad you joined! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Please feel at home here, we have a fine membership with many helpful and knowledgeable members. Be sure to check out the Technical Library and FAQs. Look forward to following the progress of your Case 220 restoration and talking on site. :usa: :usa: :usa:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank.s for the greetings. I will be looking forward to the info. about the seat and backrest pads. From the time i made my intro. till now, I have made another purchase,a 446. I think it,s a 73/74, got a decent mower and a 54'' push blade with it. Also in the package was a new starter, two mufflers and two new 16'' Titan lug tires mounted with inside the rim wheel weighs. I,m going to have fun with this old girl. I,m planning on a sleeve or 3 point hitch for future tow attachments. I would like info on the best place to order paint from. The decals I can get from Maple/Hunter. Until next time fellow members, by for now Oldfrank.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
The correct paint for these tractors can be purchased from your local CASE/IH dealer. You should ask for POWER RED and DESERT SUNSET. These are both industrial enamels and they perform much better when a hardener is added to them at the time of preparing the paint for spraying.

On a side note, this section of the forum is here for introducing yourself to the membership and you have now accomplished that task. We have a main forum that covers questions about the tractors and I ask that you make use of that section for any future questions you may. We also have an Onan, Kohler and Vanguard forum to cover engine questions should those arise. Maple Hunter is a good choice for decals.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Hydriv said:
The correct paint for these tractors can be purchased from your local CASE/IH dealer. You should ask for POWER RED and DESERT SUNSET. These are both industrial enamels and they perform much better when a hardener is added to them at the time of preparing the paint for spraying.

On a side note, this section of the forum is here for introducing yourself to the membership and you have now accomplished that task. We have a main forum that covers questions about the tractors and I ask that you make use of that section for any future questions you may. We also have an Onan, Kohler and Vanguard forum to cover engine questions should those arise. Maple Hunter is a good choice for decals.
:goodpost:

Maynard :canada:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Paint

Thanks Maynard for the info regarding the tractor paint. I will try to use this forum properly in spite of having 7 thumbs / broken glasses and 0 background with computers. Thanks Oldfrank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.