Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
8,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandpa bought a 442 in the early 70's it is a PK series. He used it on 3 acres for many years, my uncle bought the house next door with 3 acres and used this tractor also until the 80's. My grandpa died and my uncle was the new owner. He abused this tractor by putting in used oil and ran it to death. So when my dad moved into my grandpa's house he got the tractor back but it was too worn out so he bought a wheel horse and my uncle bought a white.My dad put the 442 in the back of the barn, where it sat for years. I thought that one of them traded it in and i was sad cause i used it when i was little and enjoyed it. So when I bought my house in the country I had about 2 acres to mow, I bought a used deere and it died on me shortly later. I was talking with my dad one day and he told me that the old Case was in the back of the barn and I could have it if I wanted it. I went and brought it home and totally went thru it, I rebuilt the mower, new steering parts, etc. that was about 15 years ago and i used it until about 2 years ago. I was in the junk yard and saw a 444 in the pile and bought it for 125 and i am now restoring this tractor. Since then i have aquired a black frame 444, a 75 446, 81 446 with a 3 point hitch that i bought from a wheel horse dismandler friend of mine. I still have my grandpa's tractor but i'm not using it to mow. Sorry it took so long to introduce myself. P.S. I found Tom Arnold on another site the first week i got my computer. I have learned so much about these tractors that I will be a Case man for life.

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Bigman: Welcome to the site, we're glad you joined! :usa: :usa: :usa: Great story! We love to hear about tractors that have been saved and provided with a better home! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Love those PKs! Looking forward to some pictures. This is the best site for CCI tractors, more valuable info and help here than anywhere else. So please feel at home here, we have a great membership. Be sure to visit the comprehensive Technical Library and Tractor FAQs. There are also FAQs up top on utilizing the many features of the site. For pure reading pleasure, a must, please visit our History section on the Home Page. We look forward to talking with you on the site!
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Administrator
3,513 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As you've noted, there's lots of great information here on this site.

Great story. I think when you talk to owners of older tractors, either full size or lawn and garden sized, most will start their stories with why they own one with; "My grandfather had one..." You'll also find that few own just one! :thumbsup:

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.