Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
this is the first year I've tried this tractor with the snow blade. I like it. Did real well with the recent heavy snow fall. I brought it from my father-in-laws who used it for 30 years. All I had to do was slip the mule on and connect the lift arm. When the blade is raised and in the center swing hole, you can see from the picture that it is level to the ground. However, when in the last hole for the angle, the middle is several inches off the ground whereas only minimal distance on the far angled end. is this inherent with this set up or is something worn or is there a way to adjust it? On the cement it is no problem as when I lower the blade it flattens out, but on the gravel/grass center strip of the driveway not yet frozen, it digs into the ground. My smaller Ford's blade did the same thing but this one seems excessive. I ended up just using it in the second swing hole.
thanks a lot. CB

Attachments

· Ingersoll Dealer
4,356 Posts
This is normal, due to the geometry of the pivot point being located close to the blade. Some blades which lift with a full underbody carriage would be more level when angled.

You might be able to get a bit more lift by changing the hole you are mounted in at the lift plate ... can't say for sure from the photos.

Brian

· Ingersoll Dealer
1,569 Posts
Hi,
this is the first year I've tried this tractor with the snow blade. I like it. Did real well with the recent heavy snow fall. I brought it from my father-in-laws who used it for 30 years. All I had to do was slip the mule on and connect the lift arm. When the blade is raised and in the center swing hole, you can see from the picture that it is level to the ground. However, when in the last hole for the angle, the middle is several inches off the ground whereas only minimal distance on the far angled end. is this inherent with this set up or is something worn or is there a way to adjust it? On the cement it is no problem as when I lower the blade it flattens out, but on the gravel/grass center strip of the driveway not yet frozen, it digs into the ground. My smaller Ford's blade did the same thing but this one seems excessive. I ended up just using it in the second swing hole.
thanks a lot. CB
Carl,

If you find the blade is digging into the gravel, make sure that you are lowering the blade and putting the lift lever into the "float" postion (all the way forward). That should allow it to ride on top of the ground rather than the low side digging in.

Bob

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carl,

If you find the blade is digging into the gravel, make sure that you are lowering the blade and putting the lift lever into the "float" postion (all the way forward). That should allow it to ride on top of the ground rather than the low side digging in.

Bob
Thank you Bob for taking the time to comment as I was not aware of the float. The writing on the dash is kind of worn, but there it is, so I appreciate that. I dug out the manuals and sure enough, the float was discussed for each of my implements. The ground still has not frozen hard, so I have not been able to use the float yet, but look forward to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts