Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Phone rang at 7 AM and it was my new BFF who sold me the 220 a couple of months ago. He just got another Case that he thought I might be interested in so I hopped in the truck to drive over for a look see and ended up shelling out $600 for a 1985 448 in non running condition. A few minutes poking around leads me to believe the engine problem is not major as it turn overs and I think both pistons are moving. I was told the engine runs but the oil pump may be bad. Other than that the tractor is in reasonably clean condition and has a holding valve and a new seat.

A few spare items came with it:

complete hydravac with Case trailer (trailer included wood stake side panels for when the vac is removed)

a snowblower

a Case snow cab

mower deck

rear PTO

an extra set of spindles and mandrels for a mower deck

I don't know if I got ripped off or not! :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
877 Posts
As Bugs Bunny would say- "what a maroon", it really breaks my heart to see people get suckered into such deals. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: Good to see a member get a great deal. :mowlawn:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GoldenCove said:
Bart,

You are such a sucker! Lucky for you I have room here at Golden Cove for all that extra junk you got. :sidelaugh:
You should come out with Mackie and an empty trailer to the Cherry Valley show in August and I can make sure the trailer is full on the way home. :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
akino said:
Bart said:
Phone rang at 7 AM and it was my new BFF

Its understandable why he's your new best friend forever. :trink:
In case you missed my entry in tractor cupid, this all began with a CL ad for a 220 that was posted here. I met the seller about 3 miles from my house and came home with a nice running 220 and a whole bunch of spare parts for $140. I then picked up a York rake in very good condition for $300--list as configured $2,200. Yesterday's acquisition was the latest in a string of exceptional deals. I must confess to losing a great deal on a 190 a week earlier. The engine ran very well and it had a working mower deck but there were a few things that were missing that would have a made a good restoration more expensive. He wanted $350 and I offered $250 but someone came along in the meantime and traded a Wheelhorse plus some $$. I was going to mention it here but it was gone quicker than I expected to someone who needed a cheap mower. I wouldn't be surprised if I get another shot at that one.

Bottom line is that this guy is known locally as the guy to take old tractors out of your backyard for nothing. Now he knows me as a Case guy and I'm on his speed dial for the first call on anything Case that comes in the door. Even though he is very close to me he's on a road I almost never drive on so if it weren't for this site I probably never would have met him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.