Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Site sponsor, Parts Dealer
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my grandson Braxton, Yes only 10 years old, but he has been a big help with our move & seems to have a big interest in the GT world, he is a clone to my son n law who can fix anything, or build anything. I'am very happy to have him helping me most weekends. Saturday afternoon we cut wood & moved snow, this afternoon working more on parting out a tractor. Bill, Barneveld Imp. IMG_5686.jpg

·
Administrator
8,235 Posts
Bill :wave:
BIG WELCOME TO Braxton :thumbup:
He's a chip off the old block for sure :+1:
It's a good thing having the younger generation get started in this great hobby.:thumbup:

bigman :usa2:

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,214 Posts
I'm jealous Bill. My son and I a long time ago worked on projects but that's been many moons ago. My only grand son is not interested in working on tractors with grandpa. Braxton will be a great resource for your business! :clap:

Keep the Peace :trink:
Harry

·
Registered
129 Posts
That's awesome!
I think about time spent and lessons learned with my grandpa around that age.
My dad wasn't in the picture and my life would likely be very different if it weren't for my Papa Matt.
I think about him and miss him every day - I live in his old house and work in the same pole barn/ shop where I learned so much from him. Not just about "stuff", but life in general.

Damn gnats... :cry:

Thanks for sharing and enjoy this time as long as you can - you and Braxton are lucky to have each other!

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
That's awesome!
I think about time spent and lessons learned with my grandpa around that age.
My dad wasn't in the picture and my life would likely be very different if it weren't for my Papa Matt.
I think about him and miss him every day - I live in his old house and work in the same pole barn/ shop where I learned so much from him. Not just about "stuff", but life in general.

Damn gnats... :cry:

Thanks for sharing and enjoy this time as long as you can - you and Braxton are lucky to have each other!
Damn gnats indeed.

This is gonna sound weird, or corny and I don't really mean it either way but ya know the cartoons with the good angel and the bad angel on each shoulder? I kinda have that, except they're both my Grandpas and good, of course.

Very different men. One hard and blunt, the other, more nuanced. One a farmer, one an engineer, both important in my life. Dad was there too but his job, well, if I told ya, I'd have to kill ya. (wink)

Anyway, almost never fails, that when I'm working on something and I'm at one of those decision point, type cross roads we all come to, one or the other or both, will chime in with a suggestion and its almost always something I needed to move forward, one way or the other. I know there are no angels on my shoulders and its just a quirky trick of the mind but we do stand on the shoulders of giants, even if they are nobodies, to anyone else.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Start them young. My 9yo just got a dirt bike. I explained to him, with everything I'm maintaining and repairing. I'll guide you but the work is yours. My oldest son and I, are heading towards Michigan on the first to look at a loader. My 9yo already asked if he could "have" the Ingersoll.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts