Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what I believe to be a Case J or K 80 snowcaster, at least that's that it looks like according to the ingy parts books, if there is an older version of this blower then it's more likely that. The ID tag is MIA, so I can't confirm the model, but I know it's 38".
I want to mount this blower to my 1972 Case 220. It has a snow blower mount on it now, but appears to be for an older model blower? Looking like a mount for a F80 blower. Obviously this wont work for the newer blower.

1.If I can find a mount for this newer blower, will it fit in place of the old mount? The tractor does have the snap-fast pins.
2.Does anyone need a mount for a F80 blower?

Thanks.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I need. I have the blower, and the arm that connects to the lift, the rod for rotating the chute, and a bar with a idler pulley on it, most likely for belt tension in some way.

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts
I have a different blower but the only difference is it's wider. I'll snap a few pictures out in the shop so you can get an idea of how it goes together. You should look at the parts manual as well as that will help you figure out what goes where.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
He has the Snap Fast pins.

Remove the bracket and pin you reference in the drawing for the old F Series blower from your tractor. You don't need any of that for this new blower. What you need is the bracket and mule pulley set up in the photo Snotrocket posted. As long as no one removed the Snap Fast lower brackets from your tractor, then the correct mule bracket/idler pulley unit will hook right onto your tractor.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I figured you were just trying to buy time :sidelaugh:

I can't find a darn mule drive for the life of me. Glad I only have $75 into that deck and blower. :facepalm: Thoughts? These are NOT easy to come by locally.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
What you need is very hard to come by because you don't see snowcasters being parted out very often. How the PO managed to misplace those parts is baffling. I suppose that you could call Joe Hemmi of Joe's Outdoor Power in Michigan and see if he might have one but other than that.....I am at a loss. Buying all those parts new would likely be too costly. Keeping a constant watch on e-Bay is the only other option that comes to mind.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is the front of my tractor, with the old mount.

Yes I am finding out how difficult it is. I'll have to try and get in contact with the PO. The guy I bought it from just buys and sells things, he didn't know anything about it.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Maybe it's all that "protective dirt" that you have on your tractor but I'm not seeing the Snap Fast frame ears that should be welded to the frame and hanging down from it. If you pull the Snap Fast pins, will those brackets release and lower? What is holding the rear part of those brackets? Right now..... I'm thinking that the PO cut the Snap Fast brackets off the frame in order to adapt the old E Series snowcaster to this tractor. Say it isn't so, Joe. :thumbdown:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
One of you guys needs to snap a photo of the front of your tractor that shows the mounting ears for the Snap Fast where you clip the lower part of your Mule bracket into first before swinging it upward to engage the spring-loaded pins. That photo will explain what should be on this tractor but ..........may not be. Of course, once you snap that photo.....it needs to be posted in this thread, please. :lol:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Hydriv said:
One of you guys needs to snap a photo of the front of your tractor that shows the mounting ears for the Snap Fast where you clip the lower part of your Mule bracket into first before swinging it upward to engage the spring-loaded pins. That photo will explain what should be on this tractor but ..........may not be. Of course, once you snap that photo.....it needs to be posted in this thread, please. :lol:

Looks like you have a little fab work to do, Mac. :sad:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.