Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know or have they tried to fit a J1 cab on a 400 series tractor?I know that the windshield glass is about 3" shorter and the rear mount is notched differently.Part#'s are also different, but I would love to get this cab if it can be made to work with out too much pain :facepalm: Thanks and a happy & safe 4th to all :usa: :usa: :usa:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Have you not looked at the cab parts manuals in the Tech Section?

All of the major parts are different. Back panel, front panel, doors, windshield etc, etc, etc. That alone should tell you just how much work is involved to make a J1 cab work on a tractor that needs a J2 cab. I'd much rather wait and find the correct cab then go through all that hassle.

Actually, I'd much rather build a cab from scratch then modify an existing one.

Boomer and Grummy both made their own cabs. Talk to them.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course I looked at the parts manual.....how do you think I found out about the windshield dimensions!I believe I mentioned the different part numbers! The roof,back window and filler panel are the same.This tells me that the angles and widths of the 2 cabs are essentially the same.Also the hood assembly on a 224 and 444 is the same, so that part of the frame should be compatible.I just want to see if anyone has tried this....I do not care to build my own cab.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
If you have no desire to build your own cab, then I wouldn't suggest that you get into trying to make a Lo Pro cab fit a Big Wheel tractor. There are times when modifying something ends up being more work than building something brand new. But as always, the final decision rests with you. All I'm saying is that this is not something I would attempt to do. I'd much rather use brand new materials and make myself a totally new cab to my own design.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry guys...I am not going to break down a cab and pay twice what it's worth just to ship it halfway across the country!I'm crazy,just not that crazy! :crazy: I simply want to know if anyone has ever set a J1 or K1 cab on a 400 series tractor and tried to make it work.Simple question....If I don't get an answer, I'll just wait for a J2. :facepalm:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.