Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my J1(or I think it is) cab is the worst of the bunch, so I tore it down.
the top was torn up, not cracked. so I straightened it out and welded it up.
considering just getting a new top made.

anyways, I assembled the cab and hung it up in the garage.
rolled the case glider under it with the PTO, tried to place it where I thought was best.
I then proceeded to see what parts off the other cabs may work for this J1. I found that the J2 lower cab fender mounts seemed like they would solve my problems but I cant be certain. tryed scrounging around in the PDF section but came up with nothing useful.

if anyone has a J1 cab, could you take some pictures of the lower mounting brackets and maybe some measurements.
and where should the front of the J1 cab sit? inline with the foot rests? or maybe the lower part of the windshield frame, is it below the steering wheel?

heres a pic (had noone to hold it so it was swaying)
:222:

ps. anyone have a k1 cab. it would complete the collection.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
slowly its getting done.

the rear mounts work, drilled them into the cab and fastened down.
no holes in the tractor yet.

still trying to decide how I will mount the front cab supports.
I am thinking of welding bolts to the bottom of the foot rests, cleaner look and wont have anything under my feet.
then a section of 2 inch wide channel underneath the footrest, not sure if I will need to make spacers since the foot rest has turned down edge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.