Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Case 220
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok fellas-I’m struggling here. I’m reassembling my mower deck on my 220 with new bearings. I’ve studied the diagram but not sure if the washers I’ve got are what’s represented in the manual. Specifically it looks like when I’ve placed the top washer on top of the bearing on top of the deck there’s not enough height for the woodruff key to sit correctly. I’ve got a large washer and a smaller one between the spindle and the bearing on the bottom and one washer above the topside bearing below the pulley. That correct?

Also any trick to fitting the keys? They don’t seem to be sitting deep enough. They are all new and don’t seat correctly so far. Any hints? Tore one up trying to seat it correctly and depth wasn’t even close to correct.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Looking at your picture of the bottom bearing (in your picture of the blade area), you don't have the bottom bearing seated. If that is seated, you should have enough on top to get it together. Assuming the top bearing is also seated. You should use Never Sieze to assemble it. That will make it easier to assemble and take apart if you ever need to again.

Good luck to you!

Bill Moyer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts