Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just removed the engine in my new to me 220 to find a leak and I noticed K321 cast in the back of the block where the hydraulic pump bolts to.

Please tell me I have a 14 hp motor in it. :fingerscrossed:

Or do they use that block for all the engines and I would have to measure the bore to find out for sure. :think:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've heard that some K241's had 301 cast into the back of the block but I've not heard of any with 321 cast in them. While you have the motor out why not decorbon the head and measure the bore, then you'll know what you've got. All it will cost you is a little time and a head gasket.

ByCo

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
case448 said:
I just removed the engine in my new to me 220 to find a leak and I noticed K321 cast in the back of the block where the hydraulic pump bolts to.

Please tell me I have a 14 hp motor in it. :fingerscrossed:

Or do they use that block for all the engines and I would have to measure the bore to find out for sure. :think:
OK.....you talked me into it.

You have a 14 HP engine in your 220. Now whatcha gonna do about it? :sidelaugh:

Look on the flywheel cowling for a tag. If someone put a complete 321 in the tractor, then the tag should say so.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there are two tags on the engine and both are blank where the model # would go. When I bought it the guy said it was just rebuilt the year before. Maybe it was changed then. O well I guess I'll take the head off sometime to be sure. Thaks for the help guys. :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.