Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is not a case question but it is a Kohler question. We have a k160 in a bolens ride o matic that has been a nightmare! 3 blocks later and 3 trips to the machine shop we were finally ready to put it back together and be done. My buddy got it all out together and called me saying he could not get it to start. I went over and everything seems to be correct. The problem is with the mag ignition. The flywheel has a built in magnet with a north and south polarity. The pickup coil can only be installed one way and it is wired up correctly. Problem is that we cannot get spark when turning over the engine in the correct direction however we do get spark when spinning it backwards! Tried a different condenser to no avail. Has anyone ever had this problem?

·
Tractor Whisper
3,703 Posts
In 1987 or 1988 all new magneto has module that takes place points so if new magneto installed don't use point just disconnect them. Any wire connect to magneto unplug them should crank and run, but will still need kill wire shut engine down. The key switch could be wrong one there needs to M on one flat male plug M means grounded shutdown in off position.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts