Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kohler 10 HP K241. I put a new plug in with correct gap, gapped the points rebuilt the carbortor. I have adjusted the carbortor many times according to the manual yet it still has a little stammer when running. It's worse when running over bumpy ground. The float in the carb is at 11/64. I can't remember exactly as I write this but it got the measurement from another post. If the gap in the float is to small could that cause my issue? Any recommendations are welcome to make it run smoothly. Please help.

·
Premium Member
79 case 448
50 Posts
I'm going to go ahead and follow your outcome. I have a case 220 and it seems to act the same way. New everything like you and I'll notice it most while mowing over rough ground. I'm going to pull the carb apart again this weekend and see what I can make heads or tails on. Don't mean to hy-jack your thread. If I figure mine out I'll post up and maybe it can help you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So when I set up my carb as perscribed it seems to have a high idle speed which I don't like. I don't have a tach light to set the speed so I am doing this by ear. Maybe that's my problem.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thought I found the problem when I pushed down on the coil wire and it went in a quarter inch. But it didn't make a difference. Still searching.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Does your carb have the baffle gasket in it. I’m only guessing, but if that baffle gasket is not in there maybe that’s what causing the trouble over rough ground. Like I said, I’m only guessing. That gasket is in there for some reason thou. If some body knows why that gasket is there, post a answer please.

Noel

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,515 Posts
Is the carburetor the original? I had issues when using new aftermarket carbs on my 222 and 444. I could not get the engine to run smoothly. I finally purchased a rebuilt original carb and that solved the problem of the engine missing/sputtering. The bushing around the main fuel needle may be worn and that might be the cause of your carb issues.

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts
Another thing to check is for excess play in the throttle shaft. The shaft can wobble out it's mounting holes in the carb body, this lets in extra air and misses things up. And with the engine vibration can cause the excess air to fluctuate.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes it has the baffle and the original carb. I was able to tine most of the trouble away. I didn't notice the throttle shaft being loose. I'm thinking the piston needed to de-carboned. Someone just bought it and wasn't concerned with it. So now I'm down to just one. The mower from ____. New rod cap broke, engine back at repair shop. Sheesh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts