Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding the engine in my 195 as I am getting tired or buying stock in Shell Oil! :sidelaugh: As I have been taking it apart I got the PTO hub off the flywheel and the crank nut rolled out with a broken end of the crank. I see in the books that the later versions are drilled and tapped for a 3/8-24 bolt. Can I machine mine off and drill/tap it? :headscratcher: Otherwise the crank is in real nice shape.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,499 Posts
I agree, I've seen that done a few times. It's the taper that secures the flywheel to the crankshaft not the nut/bolt. That's why the newer models with the same flywheel and newer mounting method have a much lower fastener torque.

Bob

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Got it in the lathe, indicated it, faced, drilled and tapped and we should be back in business after I get the block back from boring and valve grinding. I will have to start a restore thread............ :headscratcher:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.