Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 195 with a K301, if I try to mow my lawn it runs for about 10 minutes and dies, will restart with full choke and run another 3-5min on full choke. Replaced the points, condenser, coil, and plug. I have taken the covers off and evicted the mud bees. Someone suggested valve lash but it seems to be starving for fuel. :crazy:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Do not disregard the valve lash because metal expands when it heats up.

However it does sound like a fuel problem and that could be related to a fuel pump that gets weaker as the engine warms up and fails to keep the float bowl full. If the carb jets were plugged, then the engine would not run right whether it was cold or hot. BTW.. you should have changed the coil wire at the same time.

If you happen to have an old tractor or mower that has a fuel tank on it with an outlet on the bottom, you could try strapping that to your hood and gravity feeding fuel directly to the carb. If the problem failed to show up in 30 minutes run time, then that test would point to the pump, fuel line, fuel filter in tank and the vent hole on the tank cap being plugged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.