Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's too late to turn back now. I tore apart the little 224 to get the hydraulic pump out for my 446. Now I have to take both of them up to the car wash and blast all of the dirt off ( my pressure washer decided to take a crap too). Then start putting everything back together. Next will be tuning up the snow casters and getting ready for the cold weather. After this the golf cart in the back need to be finished.

Then this will be the next winter project.

I will need to clean up the mess at some point too.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
99flhr said:
What`s going on with that big inch S&S being torn down ?

Looks like a 650 Yamaha behind it, long term project ? Put that engine in the Golf Cart.
The S&S blew a rear head gasket and melted out about 1 1/2 x 3./8 of the cast iron cylinder liner, so now it's getting tore down for a complete rebuild and the bike gets repainted. The Yamaha will be a long term project and is going to be a rigid bobber. The golf cart is just waiting for the time to put it back together. The engine is out right now.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
BushBoneYard said:
I guess you don't use the stairs much? lol.......
Not until I put the floor in upstairs! :lol: It's just joists now, eventually half the crap on the garage floor will go up there and collect dust. I built the stairs first to make it easier to get up there and put in electric, insulation and a floor. So far the stairs are done and half the wiring. Hey, it only took me 8 years to get that done! :wink:

·
Registered
286 Posts
wurkenman,

Here a couple photos of my girlfriends XS650. It is a blast to ride. Way more nimble than my rigid stroker. (1990 Evo 89 CI).

Your garage resembles mine from time to time. My projects seem to get spread out with two or three going on at once.

Although it may look like the XS650 is finished, the last time I had the clutch cover off, the kicker spring moved out of place, so now I need to pull the cover and put the spring back in place.

Last time I rode my Evo, the rear brake caliper stuck closed due to the caliper pucks having grime in them from dust from my gravel driveway mixed with oil blow by from my missing ( I did not know) crankcase breather that is routed under the cases rather than in the air filter housing. I think that issue caused too much pressure in my Jaybrake master cylinder and now that needs to be rebuilt. Easy enough, but just have not done it yet.

Of course there is also the '75 446 project with the P220 transplant.

Joey

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
wurkenman said:
Is that a Vanguard replacement?
Kawasaki 21 HP FH641D, SEW sold them a few years ago as a repower kit. Only thing I don't like is the mufflers. I wasn't crazy about the wiring setup, so I ripped it all out this spring and redesigned/rewired everything but the battery cables and solenoid until I was satisfied with it. There's a schematic in my album if you're interested.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally got back to the tractors tonight. Had to do some other work outside while it was nice.

Here is the 224 after the car wash.

Engines nestled in place.

Should be able to do the finish work tomorrow.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JoeyB said:
wurkenman,

Here a couple photos of my girlfriends XS650. It is a blast to ride. Way more nimble than my rigid stroker. (1990 Evo 89 CI).

Your garage resembles mine from time to time. My projects seem to get spread out with two or three going on at once.

Joey

I like it a lot.
i have had this 650 since 1983

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.