Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a carb from a Kohler 14hp believe it's a k321? I need a rebuild kit for it. mainly just gaskets internals are still good bowl gaskets leak like crazy. I have a parts catalog and in there there is no part number just a nss!?!. I wouldn't mind putting a new needle and seat in also as long as I'm in there already. question is what do I need???
I also looked on the case Ingersoll parts website and there are a few different kits. I'm lost

thanks for any help guys and girls it makes this hobby much more enjoyable!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I would call one of the parts vendors and ask them how to identify what you have as different carbs were used over the years.

Hopefully you are not thinking of using this on your 220 as the carb for a k321 is bigger.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would call one of the parts vendors and ask them how to identify what you have as different carbs were used over the years.

Hopefully you are not thinking of using this on your 220 as the carb for a k321 is bigger.
no I have a several case tractors. 155 220 222 224 444 444 446 446 446 and a 448

·
Registered
300 Posts
Case 220,

This kit should have the parts that you mention and will work for 10-14hp Kohlers used on the Case tractors.

2575701-S1 Carb Repair Kit Kohler K Series (casegardentractorparts.com)

Bob
That looks just like the stuff in my K321 carb. The one thing I could not figure out was how to undo the needle seat. It is too tight to the side of the carb to get a socket on it and too tight to get a wrench or crow foot socket on. How do people get those out?

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,528 Posts
That looks just like the stuff in my K321 carb. The one thing I could not figure out was how to undo the needle seat. It is too tight to the side of the carb to get a socket on it and too tight to get a wrench or crow foot socket on. How do people get those out?
I find that a nut driver usually has thinner walls than a socket and should fit in that tight area with no problem.

Bob

·
Registered
300 Posts
The challenge with a standard nut driver or a wrench at 90 degrees is how they put the hex at the bottom of the seat. Not much purchase once it would clear the round part at the top. Fortunately I can live with the needle and seat that is in there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts