Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine spits tiny drops of gas out of the carb while cranking when choked that are visible when the air cleaner is off. I think it is because the decompression is open while cranking? Also my motor is quite worn out . Gas out the exhaust seems like an extremely flooded situation. I am looking the manual over and scratching my head.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Its beyond the scope of my experience. I do have 2 K's and manage to keep them running. The one on the 220 is my first rebuild. Reverse polarity to the starter would make it turn backwards but the bendix would not engage. Someone with more experience might be able to trouble shoot the timing by observing the valves and position of the fuel pump lobe and or points.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am thinking Kmac's friend had it open because he says the timing marks line up.
My manual is a photo copied version and the pictures are very poor. I remember quadruple checking every thing during my reassembly because it is rather confusing (especially for a greenhorn like myself).

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would think (as mentioned) that much liquid gas would cause hydro-lock. Would poor compression from worn rings and or valves contribute to the possibility of liquid gas making it out of the exhaust?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts