Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
A friend of mine has a K241 kohkler that when he crankjs it, it blowes gas out of the muffler. IMHO it is 180 degrees of time, he says all the timing marks line up. Any help would be appreciated.
Might be a carb issue. Float level set too high, the float needle and seat leaking, or both. Fuel would leak out of the carb intake, which you can see by removing the air filter. I have a K321 on a Cub Cadet that I couldn’t leave the fuel turned on when I turned it off for years. When I finally got tired of shutting the fuel off and on, I bought a needle and seat. They were worn to the point of the needle had so much slop that I was surprised that it would seal even while running, and probably wasn’t. Another possibility is a broken cam. My neighbor gave up trying to fix what he thought to be a governor problem after he replaced the cam, and gave the tractor to me. The problem turned out to be the fuel line was routed over the throttle shaft holding it wide open. Within a few minutes of bringing it home, it was running fine and rode it back to his house. Not to humiliate him, but in good conscious, I couldn’t take it when the problem was so easily fixed. He said his wife wanted it out of the shed and to enjoy it. Score for me!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts