Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
I was checkin' that one out also. Deb really impressed me, as soon as we walked up to it she said "that's been repowered", blew me away! She's got a good eye for someone that just rolls her eyes everytime "garden tractor" is mentioned.

·
Registered
877 Posts
As far as using (or not) Kohlers for repower, I'm not sure why they are not used. We have a Kohler Command in the Craftsman we use that's 8 years old and has been great. At work, we use portable compressors for various tasks. One has a Vanguard and will start reliably any day of the year. The one with the Kohler- you better store it in a heated building if it's cold out. That thing will not start worth a diddly. Warm weather-fires right up and runs great. It has been like that since new.

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Billygoat said:
I was checkin' that one out also. Deb really impressed me, as soon as we walked up to it she said "that's been repowered", blew me away! She's got a good eye for someone that just rolls her eyes everytime "garden tractor" is mentioned.
Those two were eye catchers, the white worked IMHO. I noted that he cut the hood and perhaps put in the hood scoop for more clearance. Don't know the HP but that must be one powerful 200 series.
I think Massey put twin Kohlers in some of their "Ingersoll" GTs, I believe at least in the high wheel models.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
robynrj said:
Rich
I'm sure Vanguards used because of price. Case used Kohler Command OHV in 7020. Bob M
Thanks Bob for weighing in, you are the Kohler man in my mind! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: TomA has carefully outlined the issues with a re power with a different model engine several times on the forum. I think if I ever went that route I wouldn't mind paying a little more, being in it for the long term. In fact I think I would expect to have the tractor until I kick the bucket! LOL
So is a new Kohler Command OHV an excellent engine?
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.