Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, any reviews about the L29 front PTO?

I have two projects that have been thinking about modifying a mule drive for, a 2" pump for fire control during prescribed burns and a 5.5kW generator. I suppose this could work differently and interconnection issues don't go away.

On other question that I have not seen an answer for, I have the K321a motor (14HP) what is the design rpm?

thanks in advance.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
All engines used in Case and Ingersoll lawn and garden tractors are governed at 3600 RPM. At least, that's what the manufacturer says but many owners have had to reset their governors upward to reach that RPM.

I would not recommend an L-29 for the purposes you mention. The genset and the pump are probably designed to spin at 3600 RPM so why put two power-robbing gearboxes in the way? You would be further ahead to make up your own bracket to mount the genset on and belt drive it directly off of the front PTO. The same with the water pump. Bart will show you his genset shortly to give you an idea how he went about it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks HyDriv. I agree, no reason to step down to step up. I wasn't sure it was a 1:1.

Now that I have the new to me, (40 year old) mechanical clutch engaging properly, I seem to have opened the door for possibilities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.