Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
l just received my copy of LAGC for July/August.

Those who also subscribe will be getting their copy soon. If you are a regular subscriber, then you know that LAGC has had sections for certain brands of GT's. John Deere lovers have their "Deere Crossing. I/H Cub Cadet owners have their "Cubby Hole" and the Wheelhorse crowd hangs out in the "Horse Barn". As it happens, Kate approached me months back and asked me to come up with a name and a logo for our tractors. Ken Dortch aka Kbear on this site, worked with me on those very issues and after coming up several different names and 4 different logos based on the name of choice, I submitted our pick to Kate and she has adopted it for the magazine. CASE has now taken its place alongside Cub, Deere and Wheelhorse in the magazine as a monthly featured brand.

In addition to that bit of news, Kate asked me to write an article about how Jack, Chuck and I came together as partners to create this forum. Part ONE of that article appears in this edition and it shows a photo of my untouched Colt 2510. Part TWO, which speaks about the rest of the TEAM we have here will appear in the September/October issue along with the two essays from the recent contest that were penned by "Introubleallthetime" and "99FLHR".

Congratulations to all of our TEAM members for their ongoing efforts to make this CCI site Number One on the internet. Ken, Rich, Maynard, Bob, Danny and Brad are all highly valued members of this site.

In addition, I also have to thank our TECH TEAM consisting of Brian Hildreth, Bob Meyers, Boomer, KenC, Bob Merkler, Bob MacGregor, Grummy and Barton Cameron who make up our resident experts and constant contributors to the various forums. Your efforts are very much noted and appreciated.

As a side note: Congratulations to George Randall, for his article about the formation of his highly successful tractor forum known as GT TALK. For those of you who own brands other than Case, Colt or Ingersoll; George's site is a good place to join.

http://gardentractortalk.com/

Those of you who don't subscribe to LAGC..... I have but one question..

WHY?

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BushBoneYard said:
Hydriv said:
Those of you who don't subscribe to LAGC..... I have but one question..

WHY?
I just subscribed via the website. Hope my run starts with the current issue as the site said allow 4-6 weeks for the first issue to arrive.....
If you phone the subscription department and request that your subscription begin with the current issue, they will look after you. If you leave it to chance, then maybe you won't get this issue and they might get sold out. Back issues of LAGC are in short supply due to the success of the magazine.

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
That's really awesome news! :thumbsup: A site that is literally in its infancy has managed to become the leader and really put CCI tractors on the map along with the other popular brands. Preserving these tractors for the future, fulfilling the goal of helping the average owner to keep his or her tractor in top running condition and creating an enjoyable atmosphere to talk about the tractors and have a little fun has been accomplished hands down. I have been thinking lately what will become of all the CCI tractors that currently exist in 50 years? Without a site like this around I think we would loose many more to the scrapyard. The owners hard work and members have made this site what it is. Be proud owners, team and tech members and the membership!!!!!!!!!
:usa: :canada: :thumbsup:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kate is looking for stories to put in the new Case by Case section of the magazine. If they could build the subscribership more, that would attract more advertisers and that would allow them to add more pages to the magazine.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I am confident that most of my tractors will still be around in 50 years but all the old farts who run this place will be looking down and kicking themselves in the butt for all the projects never quite completed. :sidelaugh: We need some young blood to be in the drivers seat 50 years down the road!

InTroubleAlltheTime said:
That's really awesome news! :thumbsup: A site that is literally in its infancy has managed to become the leader and really put CCI tractors on the map along with the other popular brands. Preserving these tractors for the future, fulfilling the goal of helping the average owner to keep his or her tractor in top running condition and creating an enjoyable atmosphere to talk about the tractors and have a little fun has been accomplished hands down. I have been thinking lately what will become of all the CCI tractors that currently exist in 50 years? Without a site like this around I think we would loose many more to the scrapyard. The owners hard work and members have made this site what it is. Be proud owners, team and tech members and the membership!!!!!!!!!
:usa: :canada: :thumbsup:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Hydriv said:
l just received my copy of LAGC for July/August.

Those who also subscribe will be getting their copy soon. Part ONE shows a photo of my untouched Colt 2510.
Mine arrived today, alas, no photo of the ever elusive author :sad:
Now that you have a byline you are required to release your visage to your adoring public.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Hydriv said:
Kate is looking for stories to put in the new Case by Case section of the magazine. If they could build the subscribership more, that would attract more advertisers and that would allow them to add more pages to the magazine.
Tom, I am working on 2 articles as we speak... one about my lil 108 and one on the build of my T-444........... OH and by the way.. The magazine arrived in the mail today!!! still in its plastic wrapper too!! I am out of town, so I have not had a chance to read your article yet, so I will withold comments till then :sidelaugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.