Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
'68 - Case 155, '73 - 646a
1,934 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
I wish I had a photo of my 646BH at max load... I had a root ball chained to the bucket, and had to extend the hoe back, with all my equipment piled in the hoe's bucket to keep the rears on the ground enough to crawl it to my trailer. The front tires were not happy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am so envious of your soil!!!! We have rocks with a tiny bit of dirt between them. Very hard on the tiller. ----Metalguy
It is all clay and is like trying to till cement and then a few large rocks thrown in. Very hard on the tiller. Will be putting a holding valve on it this winter for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
I picked up this blade locally. I was more interested in it for moving dirt than snow. I may leave it on for winter to see how it does. I have two snowcasters to choose from if the blade isn't working out.

Last winter the dirt was keeping ice/water trapped on the sidewalk since it had no place to drain. I have been using the blade to scrape the offending dirt away. I'm inadvertently uncovering all sorts of junk in the process. My biggest issue has been tree roots and stumps. I may have to give the Roof brush mower a go at this area.

·
Premium Member
2,961 Posts
If you have never used a push blade for snow removal. As you are pushing the first snow think of what your average seasonal snowfalls add up to. And push it back far enough to have enough room for the rest of the seasons snow. Once the snow is pushed it sets up very hard, and will require something much larger to push it back later.

My avatar picture is a result of keeping the backyard (toilet for a short legged ankle biter) clear. But also shows what a 224 with caster can do :razz:

:cheers:
Gordy

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ingersoll 4020 leaf vac

Ingersoll 4020PS with 1800 hrs. Purchased 2 years ago with hydraulic leak in power steering and cart was in rough shape. I found new sides for the cart then painted it and repaired the power steering leak in tractor. Cleaned and painted mower with new bearings and belts. I have done about six carts of leaves and still going. It does plug up at the mower boot when the leaves are wet but only takes a second to clear. Out to get more leaves,:clap: we compost them for the large garden we have.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
I picked up this blade locally. I was more interested in it for moving dirt than snow. I may leave it on for winter to see how it does. I have two snowcasters to choose from if the blade isn't working out.

Last winter the dirt was keeping ice/water trapped on the sidewalk since it had no place to drain. I have been using the blade to scrape the offending dirt away. I'm inadvertently uncovering all sorts of junk in the process. My biggest issue has been tree roots and stumps. I may have to give the Roof brush mower a go at this area.
Blades are handy. Whether you'll like it better for dealing with snow, will depend on how much you get at a time, or if it will usually melt down before the next snow. I've moved as much as 7-9" of wet n heavy at a time with no issues but if you frequently get more than that, a blower has its place. As Gordy mentions, give yourself room from the very first plowing. If you're gonna use the blade much, do a search of "pipe on the blade". Especially if you have a gravel drive, you'll love it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't know if this is the proper use for the blade, but I've been using it to simply push over tall brush and smash it. Occasionally I run into a stump, so I cut it with the chainsaw and toss it in the cart. I did find the blade sometimes pops the stumps out by itself. Then it's back to the burn barrel.

·
Premium Member
2,961 Posts
The yard tug ;)

Storm downed trees.
Wheel Tire Plant Cloud Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Riding mower Automotive tire

With side extensions and scoop shovel gate extensions it measures out to 2/3's of a cubic yard of dirt, google says 1,466 pounds.
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Making hay ;) OK OK mulch for the garden :p
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Sky

The rake.
Wheel Tire Bicycle Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim

Sorry about all the green in the pictures ;)
Cheers,
Gordy

·
Registered
58 Posts
The 646 with the Scoop-A-Nator attached. You can’t see it, but it has chicken wire across the top so I can see and keep the leaves in. My wife drives the lawnmower with the lawn sweeper and I use the Scoop-A-Nator like a hydraulic dust pan. When the hopper on the sweeper gets full she stops and dumps and keeps on sweeping. I take the 646 and pick up the piles and either put them in a pile for composting this winter or on the trailer for a trip to the city compost pile. We’ll usually have 10-12 yds of leaves. Work smarter not harder.

Peace to all
Caveboy

Attachments

61 - 80 of 103 Posts