Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I went to use my 6018 a couple of weeks ago. It had been sitting since spring. The battery was 5 years old and dead so I got a new one. Cranks but wont start. Fuel line was good, spark was good, ah no fuel getting to the carb. Order a fuel pump, wait a couple of days and install it. Back in business. The Kohler Command 18 fuel pump is the entire left hand valve cover. The actuator arm is operated by the intake valve. Interesting.

Time to load scrap metal.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Sky

When my buddy and I removed the old gas boiler it was so heavy we couldn't pick it up. Now that the 6018 is running, it didn't even grunt. The load on the pallet forks are 2 heavy duty clothes drying poles I pulled from the back yard, and an old satellite dish with it's ground mount pole. Had almost 2 tons on there by the time I was done.

The pallet forks are just clamp on ones. I made a bracket which ties them together and makes them much more stable and useful.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not bragging but, spent so much time in the seat that when I backed up to leave for work this morning I pushed the turn signal up to go forward. Saturday the 646 filled the role of a really strong friend. Helped me lift a couple bundles of shingles on the roof of her new bedroom (siding this weekend). Sometimes an old man just needs a little help. Sunday was Leaf-a-palooza. It was all hands on deck. My wife was on the mower sweeping and dumping. The 646 was armed with the scoop-a-nator and I had the leaf wagon behind the quad. For scale, those are 3x3 pallets behind the leaf pile. Gotta make a compost fork for the 646 to turn the pile. Weather was perfect yesterday, what a great day. I was just sorry that the 222 was sick and couldn't come out and play. Soon little buddy, soon.

peace to all
caveboy

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Wood Shelving Floor Beam Hardwood

Plant Plant community Blue Tarpaulin Tree
Plant Bedrock Groundcover Grass Shrub

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry about no pics, but a bit of feel good news. Saturday when I pulled the last trailer load of leaves to the city compost pile with the 646 I saw that leaves were dumped from the pile out about 30 - 40 feet in front of the pile. It was making it difficult for folks to off load their leaves. Well after I dumped my trailers worth I pulled the trailer out the way and unhooked, shifted into low range and in about five minutes I had everything tidied up. It felt good to be able to help out and make it a little easier for others. Plus it was loads of fun.

peace to all
caveboy

·
Premium Member
2,961 Posts
Kinda like at walmart, when lazy people don't push the carts in tight and they have half of the road blocked. It don't take much to give them a shove and get them where they belong ;) Even get a thank you once in a while.(y)

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Registered
89 Posts
I bought
Arc could you send some pics of your rear mounted snow pusher? I've never seen one before. Did you purchase it or did you build it?

Keep the Peace
Harry
it. It is a rear scoop that pivots 90 degrees for dumping. It is a cat. 0 rated 3 pt mount.

it was built by Westendorf... I think it was named the Rearender.

i can send pics in a day or two, if you want.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts