Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
For those that have one or is in the know, is the log splitter (Model AHSWD) or equal a good unit. I am looking-into this right now, hate to see the PTO just capped-off. Any reviews would be appreciated. :think:
pirategene , clinton twp. & houghton lake michigan

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I have one and it works very well. I particularly like the table that keeps the pieces close by when you need to make multiple splits and the fact that you can split in each direction so you don't have to wait for the splitter to retract between splits. If you have really big logs that you can't lift you will need a loader to get them up on the table. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
352 Posts
:goodpost: Well said Bart.

Mine is the J32 model, it is a 3 point hitch mounted unit that splits in both directions. Before getting the J32, I had always used a traditional style splitter that splits on the forward stroke and then needs to return before it is ready to split another piece. The dual split direction was a little odd at first, but it is very effecient and makes fast work of the wood when you get used to it. It is now one of my favorite attachments for these machines. You won;t regret buying one IF you get the chance.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I can't remember what model I have. It's the 3point attachment type without wheels. It makes fast work of my firewood. I only have half of the table for some reason, but I just catch the half that falls off and the other half sits on the table. I toss the one I caught onto the pile, and re-split the other half if it's too big. Not having to wait for the ram to reset is a big plus!

·
Registered
261 Posts

The handle was cracked and being welded but was fixed before it got sold.
That's some hard old gnarly hedge that was setting around and it split like butter.
If the wife didn't need/want the money it wouldn't have got sold. Awesome attachment.
Don't pay any attention to the fat man behind the splitter. Thank God he wasn't barefoot.

·
Registered
261 Posts
That is cool but if your in a hurry here's the one you need.
[BBvideo 425,350:f159uj17]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0-1Rx1NNDY[/BBvideo:f159uj17]

Can you stop that supersplit in mid stroke like a hydraulic cylinder?
It looks like once it's in a cycle it going to shove whatever's in it's way to the end.
Don't get me wrong I understand that a splitter is an inherently dangerous tool.
I've got a screw splitter for a cat 1 pto.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.