Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to look at a 446 yesterday not but 15 miles from the house. Funny how things come up for sale right after you just dropped some money on a 446 and this ones not 200 miles from my home. :thumbsup:

I don't really need to buy another one right now but this ones different than the last two I bought. This one actually runs and moves under its own power, probably a bad omen.

Don't know what yr it is I was on my bike and if I try and take my glasses I usually lose my glasses if I try and take them but there was no way I was wearing my jacket at 100 degrees and I can't see crap if I don't have the glasses. When did Case start using rear fenders that had the larger side flare?

They want $1100 for it and it includes a holding valve,sleeve hitch (he told me it was a 3ph on the phone),tiller,front blade,wheel weights and a 2 tone grey high back seat :thumbsup: with a radio bolted to the fender ,not done badly its encased in one of those cases like what the farmers use on their big tractors.

Its in decent shape couple of dents in the hood could use a paint job down the road I figured I might wait a few days and offer them $800 for it.

Mark

Mark

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Mike,

Sounds like it is a decent deal if the engine is in good shape. If you're talking about the elephant ear style fenders, those were a holdover from the 195 models and were only used a year or two I believe--probably '69.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bart said:
Mike,

Sounds like it is a decent deal if the engine is in good shape. If you're talking about the elephant ear style fenders, those were a holdover from the 195 models and were only used a year or two I believe--probably '69.
The outside edge of the fenders are slightly rolled on my 78 446 this one has the newer style fender before they went to the full rear fender Bart.

Mark

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I would guess...............1979, 1980, 1981 or so. It will have a Holding Valve Kit, not a travel/lift/holding valve.

HVK- $180.00

Sleeve hitch- $150.00

PTO - $150.00

Tiller- $400.00

Utility blade -$200.00 plus

Wheel weights - Plastic $125.00 easy

That's $1205.00 without the basic tractor.

Eight hundred sounds good to me............ :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

Especially if you have a parrot on your shoulder, a patch over one eye and a wooden leg.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hydriv said:
I would guess...............1979, 1980, 1981 or so. It will have a Holding Valve Kit, not a travel/lift/holding valve.

HVK- $180.00

Sleeve hitch- $150.00

PTO - $150.00

Tiller- $400.00

Utility blade -$200.00 plus

Wheel weights - Plastic $125.00 easy

That's $1205.00 without the basic tractor.

Eight hundred sounds good to me............ :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

Especially if you have a parrot on your shoulder, a patch over one eye and a wooden leg.
Add some ag tires to the list Hydriv I forgot to add them. The holding valve is seperate not a combo valve.

I was looking through the parts books and theres two parts books that deals with the same serial numbers. One book lists the 446 as having the small rear fenders and the 448 had the larger fenders and the other book listed the 446 as having the larger fenders like the 448.

Mark

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
oleblu72 said:
Add some ag tires to the list Hydriv I forgot to add them. The holding valve is seperate not a combo valve.

I was looking through the parts books and theres two parts books that deals with the same serial numbers. One book lists the 446 as having the small rear fenders and the 448 had the larger fenders and the other book listed the 446 as having the larger fenders like the 448.

Mark
Rarely do I place any additional value on Ags unless they are mounted on a set of rims and are additional to the OEM turf tires. After all, a tractor has to have back tires, does it not? And not everyone WANTS Ag's, correct? If someone spends $350.00 to put Ag's on their tractor, then they do so at their own financial peril. To me, it's akin to installing an inground pool in your backyard. If it costs you sixty grand to do so, don't expect the value of your home to go up by the same amount.

Parts manuals undergo many rewrites over the years. That is why you will find several manuals for the same PIN spread in our Tech Library. The original manual may be a 1235, the first re-write will be A-1235 followed by B-1235, C-1235 and perhaps D-1235. There will be differences in each of those manuals for a bunch of reasons. Mistakes get corrected in later editions. Part numbers were constantly updated. Dealers received regular bulletins that included NEW pages to be inserted into existing manuals. The next re-write would reflect all those new pages and delete the former pages.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NutCASE said:
Based on the description I'd estimate mid-late 80's (ingersoll' right?) the thing that 'stands ou't to me is the hold off valve...not till 86? unless it was added as an accessory...

ps...what are you doing riding around w/out your glasses?, You're gonna get hit by a car!
There reading glasses Nutcase I'm not that bad yet. When I'm on the road on my bike in my car or in my Mack the thing I worry about is some crazy 4 wheeler taking me out. Like when there texting :facepalm: or when their on their cell phone making a unimportant call :facepalm: or in general their lack of common sense when they get behind the wheel. :twisted: :thumbsup:

Mark

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hydriv said:
oleblu72 said:

Mark
Rarely do I place any additional value on Ags unless they are mounted on a set of rims and are additional to the OEM turf tires. After all, a tractor has to have back tires, does it not? And not everyone WANTS Ag's, correct? If someone spends $350.00 to put Ag's on their tractor, then they do so at their own financial peril. To me, it's akin to installing an inground pool in your backyard. If it costs you sixty grand to do so, don't expect the value of your home to go up by the same amount.

Parts manuals undergo many rewrites over the years. That is why you will find several manuals for the same PIN spread in our Tech Library. The original manual may be a 1235, the first re-write will be A-1235 followed by B-1235, C-1235 and perhaps D-1235. There will be differences in each of those manuals for a bunch of reasons. Mistakes get corrected in later editions. Part numbers were constantly updated. Dealers received regular bulletins that included NEW pages to be inserted into existing manuals. The next re-write would reflect all those new pages and delete the former pages.
I suppose that would depend on what you had the pool filled with Hydriv. :drinkbuddies:

Yeah ag tires are pretty pricey but I wouldn't mind having one with the ags on it. I think those wide 12 " Tru Tracs look pretty cool wouldn't mind getting a 200 series with those on it either.

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.