Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that there are the 4 bolts at angles through rubber for anti vibe (coming from playing with chainsaws where all rubber mounts are anti vibe). Also appears that theres a rubber strip under where this all clamps onto the frame. Any recommendations for how to approach this? Strip looks fairly deteriorated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Looking to pull my Kohler from older 444 to fix hydro is

air filter vibrating off, hydro leak off of tank area. i've seen the isolators for sale though i'm not sure I need them. was wondering about this rubber strip stuff or if anyone has pics of pulling of a kohler.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts

The frames have conical bump-outs pressed into them on an upward angle that are threaded to receive the bolts that go through the middle of the rubber isolators. There is no rubber strip between the bottom of the engine crankcase and the angled steel motor mounts that have the isolators riveted into them nor are there any rubber strips between the isolators and the frame. If you have some sort of rubber stripping there, then some previous owner has put it there.

The isolators do wear out and when that happens, the engine vibration gets transmitted to the tractor. Loose motor mount bolts are another evil that needs to be eliminated. Go to the Tech Library/Parts Manuals/Kohler Powered Tractors and see if you can find those strips listed in any book.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

would that be a goose chase? i'll see if i can figure out how to post pics here for reference. from what i've seen on this tractor... especially in regards to the snowcaster.. someone "clever" owned this at one point.

the starter generator off of a husky 1000 was my first clue...

·
Banned
12,618 Posts

I don't think it would be a goose chase.

On this site, we think that our members are entitled to get factual information instead of the guesswork that often permeates some other forums. Referring you to the manuals section simply backs up what I posted so that you are satisfied as to the accuracy of what you read. After all, if you are going to take a course of action to correct a problem, then I'm sure that you would like to make sure that what you are about to do is the right way to proceed.

New isolators are available from McMaster-Carr for a lot less money than you will pay from any dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.