Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

Massey 216GTX

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  99flhr 
#1 ·
Mod Edit: This was split from indianapolis Indiana 3016 in the Classifieds forum. BH

I just found a MF 216gtx made by Ingersoll that I think is the same basic machine (with Kohler engine) sold under the MF name. This one has 160 hrs and has been sitting inside a heated garage. It very clean and has a mowing deck and rear hydraulics that are set up to drive a three bag vacuum system. Price is less than $1000 so I'm very interested but I can't find any MF information on it. Can anyone tell me if it is the Ingy 3016 in disguise and if parts would cross over.

#2 ·
Re: indianapolis Indiana 3016 $1175

In the very early 90's, Massey had a contract with Ingersoll to build tractors for them. As far as I know, this deal lasted for just two years. Ingersoll's used Vanguard engines, Onan engines and Kohler K & M single cylinder engines but the Massey's were built with Kohler flat twins. Aside from the hood and dashboard, the Massey and the Ingersoll's are nearly identical. Parts for the tractor you are considering are not a problem unless you drive into a tree and wreck the hood. :sidelaugh:

One thousand dollars for a 160 hour Lo Profile tractor complete with the rear PTO and a Hydra-Bagger is a smokin' deal. The Bagger alone is worth $600.00 all day long. The PTO is worth $150.00 on the open market. If I were you, I would not worry about the manuals for the moment and instead......go and buy this tractor as fast as possible before you lose it.

#6 ·

I went by and made the guy and offer this morning. The tractor now sits in the wifes bay of the garage (she's gone for the weekend). The oil and filter look fresh and the hydraulic resevior is about six inches from the top as I read it should be. I just snugged up a few loose bolts, secured a loose headlight, greased all the fittings I could find, and mowed the yard. The MF 248 deck gives a good cut and the vacuum system works well. The hour meter rolled off a few tenths while I was mowing so I'm hopeful the 169 hours showing might be the real usage.
This is my first expereince with the hydraulic hand lever control. That will take some getting used to but after just a half an hour of use I'm very pleased with the purchase. I'm already planning to get a rototiller but see that all the connections in the rear hydraulics for the vacuum system are threaded connections. I expected quick connects to make it easy to switch between attachments. Can anyone tell me if there are adapters that will thread onto the existing connections or will I have to get new hoses made up? Also looking for a snowcaster for use this winter. Thanks again to all that have joined in the post.

#8 ·

Willowmaster, I would love to see pics of your MF.

Keep in mind you have a rare bird there and sheetmetal parts are nonexistant, if blowing snow remember to wash it good in the spring as salt gets on them from being by the road and can eat up a tractor in no time.

#9 ·

Good point Caseman2. I'll keep that in mind. I have a camera issue that should should be corrected early this week. I'll post photos then. I'm going to try to deck the mowing deck off today so I can inspect the blades and get a better look at the tractor from below.

There's a old Case 444 (Orange frame w cream fenders and hood) for sale 15 minutes from my house. The pictures make it look very clean. It has a 48 inch deck, push blade, and 3 pt hitch with blade, york rake, and single blade plow. The add says everything runs as it should. If true, what should a unit like that cost and are there and significant advantages to that tractor over the 3016 (MF216)?

Mod Edit: Case 444 discussion moved back to Classifieds section - BH

#17 ·

[quote="Hydriv

The more you use that tractor, the more you will come to appreciate the quality that was built into it.[/quote]

Or at the very least, the capabilities per dollar spent. There are plenty of tractor brands out there. All have +`s and -`s, but $ for $ in the used market, these units are an exceptional value. JMO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.