Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I followed up on a member's wanted to buy post regarding MK48 blades. To get an idea on price I searched for replacement blades and did not realize there is not a source. So a couple questions...
1) Anybody have an estimate on how many of the Mk48's were sold?
2) If you have/had one, did it work well?
3) Anybody have an estimate on the value of an intact, good used MK48 kit? ( I saw post in 2018 and the price new
was either $318 or $381 if I recall).
4) Any new ideas on blade replacements?
Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
2,783 Posts
Take a look at the thread below about Meg-Mo.. (Rotary Mulching Blades Built to Last)

Maybe something here of interest to you...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks k0jdd, entered parts number for blades C45192 and the quote came back $260 for just 3 blades, shipped out of Illinois. So an intact MK48-2 with 3 blades all in good condition has to be North of $350. Right?

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
I have an MK48-2 and love it. So much less dust. Off the charts, really. And while it has taken a few yrs. I think I'm noticing improvement in the turf, from the constant, automatic and uniform refertilizing (grass clippings are high in N) The blades are extremely rare, if any are available at all. I have one set and save them for leaf clean up time, using the standard blades the rest of the yr. which do not provide as nice of a cut. Even so, no regrets, Having so much less dust, is well worth it.

There is a John Deere blade listed at Oregon that is very close to the C45192 but the center hole would have to be reworked, or new hubs machined. If it comes to it, I'll go that way.

How much is it worth? Hard to put a number on it. Not having stuff ricochet off of trees and hit me in the eyes, is worth quite a bit. I'd have to look it up but I wouldn't be surprised to find that I had more the $300 in the kit and blades and knowing what I know, I'd do that all day, every day and $400 wouldn't take it from me so ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts