Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering eliminating some of the equipment on my 648 to make it less cluttered.I will never use the mid lift setup for any reason, so I think I will will take out all the brackets,hardware and cylinder.My plan is to refurbish this stuff and sell it to someone who can use it.I think I will keep the controls intact and loop the hoses together in case I need it for a future attachment...perhaps side shift on a set of forks?This will make more space under the tractor...less things to leak. I also am really thinking about getting rid of the PTO clutch...again will never need this....these sell for good money.I am thinking about using this spot to mount a permanent pulley and better flex-a-lite type fan and mounting a real alternator to properly power lights, ect. What do you guys think...keep in mind this tractor is for FEL and forklift duty only and I have a 444 for mowing and snowblowing. :think: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I agree that there is no real need for the PTO and deck lift on these tractors. On the other hand, I don't really understand complaints about the alternator output unless you're going to light it up like a Christmas tree for parades or something. When it gets too dark to see I'm usually in bed or doing something more enjoyable than working my equipment. :sidelaugh:

If you have a need for a portable power source then you may want to consider mounting a generator driven by the PTO. I built a generator attachment that mounts on the front snap fast pins using an extra snowblower mounting plate.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
May I suggest that you talk with Boomer first. There are different stator coils available for Onan engines that may give you what you need without getting into a belt driven alternator. If you jump to a belt driven 40 or 60 amp car alternator, it will take more HP to spin it and you don't have a lot of spare HP to give away. Remember.... there's no such thing as a free lunch. When you gain in one area, you invariably lose somewhere else.

As for the mid-mount lift assembly, I doubt that there is much demand for it because everyone else with a 600 feels the same way. Ingersoll dropped this feature when they created the 6000 Series. If there was a high demand to cut grass with a loader tractor, then Ingersoll would have continued to offer that feature. For all you might realize out of those parts, you would be better off washing them clean before putting them in a box and placing them in storage. If and when you sell the tractor (never say never) you can include them with the deal. A new owner might appreciate that.

Yes, the clutch .......if in excellent working condition..... will bring $150.00 on e-Bay as a complete unit but then you have to turn around and spend time plus money to put a different cooling fan in place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.