Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of installing new isolators and found the holes in the oil pan were washed out so i bored and installed helicoils and used red loctite for the helicoils because we obviously do not want those to come out. however i am wondering i should use blue for the bolts that secure the plates to the motor itself or to use red for that as well. what have others used?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I have had no issues with using red in places that would normally use blue. All I do is put a little heat to the bolt and it quickly melts the loctite and the bolt can be removed. If you have both colors then use the red. A lot of backyard handymen just have blue in their tool box because it is considered the all around one to use.

Just make sure the threads are clean and free of oil before applying.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Here's my take on this issue.

Using the hi-strength red on the helicoils was the right move. However, I would use a weaker thread locker on the bolts because when you go to remove the bolts down the road, you want the weaker thread locker to give way first so that the helicoils don't move the slightest bit.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
:headscratcher: :headscratcher:

When would I want to remove my motor mount bolts again :headscratcher: :headscratcher: :facepalm: Oh ya, the next time my MMB come loose. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
High Strength Red. The newer the better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.