Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled a mower apart to rebuild. Bearing ID=.75" OD=45mm times 6 bearings times 2 mowers. Anyone know a better deal than $12 apiece. The idler bearing might as well get replaced as well. 3/8 ID, anyone know the OD before I pull it apart? I saw a similar idler with 1/2" hole, but there was no way it will take 3600 rpm. It looks like the idlers in the mule have been replaced, probably a few times over the life of the tractor. Do we buy new idlers or just replace the bearing? Also the belt. Kevlar has been mentioned before, but I have no idea what size to order as the bad bearings caused it to disintegrate.
Chris

·
Registered
994 Posts
Since those bearings and pulley are a common thing I went to the green junker store as they wanted around $6 for a bearing and $11 for the idler. On the farm I use them as a hardware store as they stock graded square head and carriage bolts and other bolts by the 1/4".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.