Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

just a quick update on mower iv started making new bits for underneath (see pics for more info)

iv found a few small holes in the deck :( but will weld or solder them and the one hanging bracket has started to rip out so will weld a braceing strip in

what it looked like a few weeks ago

iv also started painting the rest of mower bits

:446: :mowlawn:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Nice work. You must put that square "bowl" back onto the repaired deck. The is the anti-scalping ski for the rear of the deck. Don't leave home without it. The holes should be patched with TIG or MIG or braze. I would not recommend solder.

How are all the holes in the other bits? If they are oval, then you need to drill them oversize and put bushing into them to bring them back to original diameter. The deck harness needs to be tight in order to give a good cut.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hydriv said:
Nice work. You must put that square "bowl" back onto the repaired deck. The is the anti-scalping ski for the rear of the deck. Don't leave home without it. The holes should be patched with TIG or MIG or braze. I would not recommend solder.

How are all the holes in the other bits? If they are oval, then you need to drill them oversize and put bushing into them to bring them back to original diameter. The deck harness needs to be tight in order to give a good cut.
thanks

im still thinking of what to do with the bowl i think i will weld a piece to the back of it because it is getting thin

most holes are surprisingly good exept the plastic wheels so will put bushes in them

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oleblu72 said:
Nice job Steve looks like your decks coming right along. What type of welder are you using a mig ?Are you having any trouble blowing through the decks pitted spots when welding? :thumbsup:

Mark
thanks

may sound strange but im using ark mainly because the im realy bad at mig and it needs a new trigger

iv only blown though once so far but will grind it smooth

·
Site Founder
1,801 Posts
Steve-If you can stick weld you can mig weld. Fix the trigger and PM me-we'll get you up to speed on Mig. One trick I use to fill holes is to put a copper plate behind the hole. Then I fill along the edges, and then fill the middle. Try it, you'll like it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mastifflawyer said:
Steve-If you can stick weld you can mig weld. Fix the trigger and PM me-we'll get you up to speed on Mig. One trick I use to fill holes is to put a copper plate behind the hole. Then I fill along the edges, and then fill the middle. Try it, you'll like it.
ok will do thanks

i think the reason im bad is that my dad has always done stick and at college there wasnt enough migs so i used stick so have lernt how to weld very thin to thick plate in stick

thanks for info i was thinking about the copper trick

·
Registered
423 Posts
mastifflawyer said:
Thats what I ws going to say Steve if you can stick weld you can mig weld.

I have a small hand held copper plate but I would like to get a larger plate for bigger jobs.

Mark

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
stevebgr said:
the one hanging bracket has started to rip out so will weld a braceing strip in[/fon
I assume you are referring to the vertical "ear" tearing out. Please use angle iron instead of a "strip" E-mail direct @ [email protected] and I will send a pic of what I believe to be a permanent repair. JMO YMMV etc etc
Long :wave: across the pond.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
99flhr said:
stevebgr said:
the one hanging bracket has started to rip out so will weld a braceing strip in[/fon
I assume you are referring to the vertical "ear" tearing out. Please use angle iron instead of a "strip" E-mail direct @ [email protected] and I will send a pic of what I believe to be a permanent repair. JMO YMMV etc etc
Long :wave: across the pond.
:headscratcher: Not gonna let the rest of us see :headscratcher: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
^ Nah, it`s just that for a computer moron, posting pics is an all day job. I`d rather go to the Dentist than try to understand "cut & paste"
Hell, I`ve only recently come to grips with the concept of "righty tighty, lefty loosy" :grin:

·
Registered
423 Posts
99flhr said:
^ Nah, it`s just that for a computer moron, posting pics is an all day job. I`d rather go to the Dentist than try to understand "cut & paste"
Hell, I`ve only recently come to grips with the concept of "righty tighty, lefty loosy" :grin:
I know what your going through 99 I'm a caveman when it comes to computor stuff ,plus I think my computer doesn't like me either.

And I also feel yo pain on the "righty tighty, lefty loosy" every time I ride one of my British bikes, you have to put all the parts back on that have rattled off after a ride. :sidelaugh:

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.