Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am surprised nobody actually makes stainless steel mufflers for 444,446 or 448s and sells them. It would last forever but would probably be costly. Not everyone has the tools to make one. I know you can reskin them but sometimes they are to far gone......How much is a reskin kit anyway? I will need to reskin mine next year or find me someone who can fabricate and weld me up a stainless one. What does everyone on here tend to do when their muffler is on its way out?

Brad

·
Registered
633 Posts
brad said:
I will need to reskin mine next year or find me someone who can fabricate and weld me up a stainless one. What does everyone on here tend to do when their muffler is on its way out?
They either reskin theirs or find someone who can fabricate and weld up a stainless one! :sidelaugh:

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
brad said:
I am surprised nobody actually makes stainless steel mufflers for 444,446 or 448s and sells them. It would last forever but would probably be costly. Not everyone has the tools to make one. I know you can reskin them but sometimes they are to far gone......How much is a reskin kit anyway? I will need to reskin mine next year or find me someone who can fabricate and weld me up a stainless one. What does everyone on here tend to do when their muffler is on its way out?

Brad
Brad - Read this thread. Billygoat did a really good job on a custom fab muffler for his 444. Hope this helps.

Kenneth

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Mjoe7 said:
I just bought a new one. :headscratcher:
Buying a new one is not always an option because quite a few of the original muffler styles are No Longer Available (NLA) from Eastman. However, reproduction copies of the first two Kohler mufflers are available from oldcasecoltguy. But several models must be duplicated by those who own those tractors if they desire an original style.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is there any type of listing of what reproduction parts are available for our machines along with relative years, if no pix are included? Reading some back issues of LAGC I see where Steve G. used to have an ad listing what he made but those are from 3 or so years ago. Though I was kind of hesitant to call about an ad a couple years old. I come across things every now and then, but a list might help demand, unless of course they can't keep up with demand already.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I agree with you. Steve and Jim should provide me with a list of what they have available in repro products. If they do so, then I will put it into the "Where to Buy Stuff" FAQ. In the meantime, their contact info is in that FAQ and you can simply telephone them and ask.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.