Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so excited!! I purchased a 6018 a week or so ago from the original owner. I drove by it a few times and finally stopped to check it out. I have always wanted a FEL and backhoe (plan on adding one). I hope this is a good start. I have already managed to get stuck in my muddy back yard, but I seem to get everything stuck.

I am sure I will have a lot of questions as I learn about this tractor. It has the rototiller and homemade forks.

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Legrandice: Congratulations! Yes, that is a "grand" start! :thumbup: Welcome to the site, we're glad your here! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Please feel at home here, we have a great membership. Be sure to visit the comprehensive Technical Library and Tractor FAQs. There are also FAQs up top on utilizing the many features of the site. For pure reading pleasure please visit our History section on the Home Page. That tractor is sweet! Hope to get a 6018 someday too. Look forward to talking on site! :usa: :usa: :usa: :222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! I have already learned a lot poking around this site. A set of tire chains are on the way so I can play around in the snow.

mikebramel said:
Very nice

Did it have a backhoe it has the wide rear and 20" front
It did not have a backhoe on it. According to the manual it has the tire size for the backhoe unit. The original owner said the backhoe was too expensive so he did not purchase it.
ING6018 said:
Great machine. You will really enjoy it.
Looks like a 1998 model or newer.

How many hours on the meter?
It has 419 hours...that is going to go up a LOT next summer as I have a lot of projects in mind

ING6018 said:
Great machine. You will really enjoy it.
Looks like a 1998 model or newer.
How many hours on the meter?
It is a 1999 or 2000 model I believe.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
legrandice said:
The original owner said the backhoe was too expensive so he did not purchase it.
The backhoe is not an attachment option on these machines but is fully integrated into the frame and hydraulic system. Yours is the first 6018 I've seen that appears to have the tires that were standard on the backhoe model and that is a good thing because they have much better traction. I added a backhoe to my 6018 and can help you think through the options when you get to that point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.