Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and a little blue pill didn't help at all.

I have my 646 apart (res and cooler off) and noticed that the return lines are really soft... I think that I should replace them.

What is a good hose to use for this? Do you have any good online sources for it?

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
I got mine from Napa. I can't remember what the stats are on what I bought, but I know it was a thinner side-wall and rated at a higher psi than the oem. It was pricey I know that. I liked the thinner hose because it fits a little better in all the small spaces and is easier to route along with the added psi rating it was a no brainer for me. :thumbup: :smile:

I replaced heater hose off three of the tractors I have bought. Why people why? :headscratcher:

·
Administrator
3,403 Posts
The hydraulic system return lines can get up to 200 PSI in them during a cold start. I checked this with a pressure gauge installed into the case drain line on my 448 years ago. I think that the pressure can spike higher than 200 PSI at times, but was difficult to read the gauge while holding it and cold starting the tractor. I store my tractors in my cargo trailers one of which is dark blue in color. What the dark blue trailer does is get warmer in the sun but once the cold soak starts after dark the internal temps get colder than my white trailer.
Anyway a minimum of 300 PSI working pressure hose is needed for the return lines on 200 and 400 series tractors that have hose in the return lines.
Mad Mackie in CT :crazy: :mrgreen: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.