Did you calculate what the RPM will be? If so, what?...I'm pretty confidant it will work just fine, as I pretty much copied the motor/belt drive setup design from the original. We will see though, I'm waiting for warmer weather so I can get some paint on it. ( Hopefully won't be to much long)
I'm using the same size diameter pulleys that are used on the original hydra cutter. My Parker motor specs at 1024 rpm. (which is supposed to be the same as the original hydacutter motor that was used) So I don't know what the actual blade tip speed would be. I'm just keeping everything similar to what case/ingersoll used on their cutters. I have a copy of the original hydracutter manual and it states their mower speed is 1028rpm and the blade tip speed of 13,300. Worst case if something isn't right, I will re- gear it with different size pulleys.Did you calculate what the RPM will be? If so, what?
Looks great!I guess we'll find out when you test, but something seems wrong to me. I think you need a high speed motor. What is cu. in. of motor; 8 or 9 maybe?
Good eye Gordy! I actually found these on eBay. I believe they were weights off of a David Bradly machine. They fit the inside the Case 16'' rim perfectly. I did have to drill 2 new holes in them to mount them, as the original holes didn't line up right to match the holes in the rim. They fit over the tractors hub perfectly with no modification. They weigh around 47lbs each. I also am running the John Deere combines on the outside. There just sandwiched to each other inside the rim. This combination gives me alittle over 200lbs on each wheel and works great! I did not add any liquid ballast in the rear. I also have weights on the front rims. They are off of a Gravley and bolt to the rim. I had to modify them a little so you can access the valve stem They are 15lbs each, and I filled the fronts with washer fluid to give me around 12lbs added weight.
Thanks, I will know more as soon as I test it. I didn't want to get into everything about posting the motor specs yet. I'm expecting it to work fine. I got the motor # from a guy that is an case/ingersoll parts specialist. (thanks Jason if your on here)Looks great!
BTW... I see these motors go all the way down to 2.2 cu.in. That's a 3.6x speed reduction; plus the belt reduction.
Here's a blown up picture of the rear inside weight. You can see where I had to drill new holes in the weight. You can also see how it clears the hub and has a perfect cutout for the valve stem.
I just went out to get the numbers. Unfortunately I can't make them out. They were pitted and dirty when I bought them, and when I painted these white it really covered them up to where you can't make the numbers out at all. Sorry about that. All I know is the seller I bought them from said they came off of a David Bradley walk behind. They measure roughly 14 1/2'' inches wide outside to outsideIf you happen to find part numbers or casting numbers for those, I'd love to add those to the 'what weights fit' spread sheet.
I'm glad your happy.Thanks, I will know more as soon as I test it. I didn't want to get into everything about posting the motor specs yet. I'm expecting it to work fine. I got the motor # from a guy that is an case/ingersoll parts specialist. (thanks Jason if your on here)