Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share my new cab with ya'll...
I finally got her...almost completed! I still have some areas of gapping that I'll need to fab some sheet metal or wood to fill but its almost done!
I mated a Deere front end and a Cub rear end to get where I am...and me likee!!!
I can't believe how many hours I have spent on this project... probably about 100! (My wife can attest to that LOL!)
But... I learned a TON on the way and it was fun!!!

Anyhoo, here it is:

·
Administrator
2,873 Posts
:coolphotos: :goodpost: :letitsnow: :winterrules:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Looks like that's a propane heater versus a speaker.
Aren't you worried you will blister the paint on the ceiling?

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
k0jdd said:
:coolphotos: :goodpost: :letitsnow: :winterrules:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Looks like that's a propane heater versus a speaker.
Aren't you worried you will blister the paint on the ceiling?
Yes, I see now! LOL Propane tank not Craig Power Play........ :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Im in love. My cab finally made it way out of the garage but it stopped just outside the side of the house where it will most likely sit for another 3 months. You did a great job on that thing. Pat yourself on the back.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
99flhr said:
wurkenman said:
That onan twin will give more than enough heat for you.
He doesn`t have one :wave:
Yeah this is a new Ingersoll or at least new in my eyes, :wink: so no Onan. :sad:
Is it powered by a Briggs? I can't remember and their website doesn't even say. :???:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Snotrocket said:
Wow that came out really nice!!!!

I bet you can't wait until it snows now.

What is the long black rod with the knob on it to the left of the dash tower?
On the Ingersoll when the parking brake pedal is pushed down you can lock it down by pushing that little black button on the frame. It is difficult to get to and I very seldom use mine because it is a PIA to get to. It looks like he made a rod to push down on the button giving much better access to it. Something I may now do also.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the compliments!!!
That vertical rod is STOCK and it's what INGY has done to the Parking Brake assembly to make it easier to access.
and Ya...its a Briggs and Stratton Vanguard 16 HP V-Twin engine. I miss the ROAR of the ONAN (Owned MANY) but I gotta say, this Vanguard engine is SmOOOOOTH!

The Chrome letters I used to spell out INGERSOLL on the back of the cab are from AuzoZone! They sell chrome letters for 99 cents each!
The CASE sticker I got from Ebay, and then I added pinstripes to tie it all together.
The heater id a Coleman Black Cat and didnt seem to get that hot, but I didnt have it on for very long. I'll turn it facing down to make sure it does not damage anything!

I was gonna sell her...but after all this work I'm hoping to keep it! The wife is laid off and we are BEYOND BROKE so I need a miracle to keep it. sigh.
One thing in my favor (to help me keep it) is that I wont take less than $4500 for all of it. So, unless someone with deep pockets wants it I'll be finding SOME OTHER WAY to get money for...living. Before you think I am TOTALLY out of my mind consider It's got a whopping 70 hours on it!!!

It's funny...I was (AM) a John Deere FREAK for over 20 years. Then I bought a Casee 222 and flipped it. While I had it I admired the quality and simplicity of the machine. When I came accross this one I was initially going to flip it. I actually drove from Rochester NYT to Hartford Conn to get this thing!!!BUT...NO ONE seems to know about Ingersoll tractors.... so it didnt sell like a Deere would! I thought maybe it'll sell better if It had a deck so I located an RM48 that was pretty beat up. I bought the RM 48" deck for it and restored it.

Then I mowed with it and...HOLY SMOKES it cut SOOOOOOOOOOO much better then ANY John Deere I have ever owned (except a 44" PIRANHA Mulching deck I used to have on a JD!) and I was officially in love! My lawn looked like a golf course!
THEN... I was doing my craigslist selling thing and was buying and selling a bunch of Snow Cabs. One cab I bought was for a CUB CADET and it didnt sell fast so I thought HEY...I'll mate a Front end from a Deere cab with the Rear end from that Cub Cab (The Deere front end was way better!) and I started the LONG process of restoring the cab(s).
So here I am... Done. Well...NOT DONE... cause I am NEVER DONE. hahahahahahaha
I guess I'll go out and start fabbing some filler for the gaps in-between the Cab doors and the fenders. See...it NEVER ENDS! hahahahaha

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.