Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

My PK 444......... with the illusive later decals

4K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  InTroubleAlltheTime 
#1 ·
Ok, I haven't actually touched it yet, but the PO sent me a couple more pics..... ALL ORIGINAL...

This is taken at its current home in Kansas, so those AC's in the background are not mine

See less See more
#11 ·
tanandorange said:
Wow, Dave,
That's a sweet looking machine. Did he tell you the serial number? Where did you find a time machine like that?
John, long story short, I kind of fell into it

My dad recently posted his restored 611B in Antique Power for sale, a guy in Kansas bought it and is trading (small part of final price, not even up) this 444 with caster, deck and large box of parts for it. My dad wants my Odyssey, I have been wanting a PK, soooooo once this thing arrives May 15th, my Odyssey is moving 6 miles down the road and this 444 with deck is moving into my barn (dad is going to keep and sell the caster) THEN the fun begins!! I am going to put a tricycle front end under it (maybe a single front???) bar tread tires, wheelie bars and I am going to let the kids pull a little with it.... I am not going to destroy it, just work it a little :sidelaugh:

I may restrore it, I don't know I will inspect it and see how Original it really is, then go from there

No I didn't get the serial # I will post it, once it arrives......... I am getting EXCITED!!!

#12 ·
dbeiter said:
I am going to put a tricycle front end under it (maybe a single front???) bar tread tires, wheelie bars and I am going to let the kids pull a little with it.... I am not going to destroy it, just work it a little :sidelaugh:

I may restrore it, I don't know I will inspect it and see how Original it really is, then go from there
JMO but, if that unit is indeed a preservation class survivior, then a restoration would be ill advised. ( everybody knows the old adage: "It can only be original once") And if that is truely the case then a tricycle conversion would be even worse. I`m far from a purist and it`s your tractor, but .. :wtf: no offense meant, JMO etc etc

#16 ·
mikebramel said:
Restoring that would be a waste

i think your resources would be better spent on something that needs it
Like I said, I wasn't going to destroy the tractor, everything I would do to it would be a bolt on, I saw how Guider did his tricycle front end on his 195 and I plan on copying his idea, keep the orig WFE and make the tricycle front hook into the frame with the large pivot pin... PLUS Like I said, I was going to see if I could tell it was original before I restored it... Look at my 155, (picture in the off topic photo section) I haven't messed with its originality.. (I bought it off the original owner, and I think offended him when I asked if it was ever repainted, (he got kind of mad and said NO!!, "This tractor has never spent a night outside".. )I am not going to mess it up, trust me on that.. :wave: I talked to my dad tonight (he has spoken to the PO more than me, and I may have misstated a little.. the PO said that "If it ever was restored, the person was VERY professional, since there is NO evidence of repainting, so he would have to say it is original" No guarantee........ :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.