Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 F-250 Super Duty 6.7 L Diesel
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents I have a 2 cylinder diesel Onan engine. Model/Spec 6.DDJE or 6.00JE -3CE/24365AE. Serial Number is 1840725092. It is not in a case tractor so I'm not sure if I can ask this question or not. I bought this engine attached to a generator and had to put a starter solenoid on it to get it to crank. I cranks good, has fuel in the fuel bowl, no fuel at the injectors or injection pump but there is fuel in the hose going to the injection pump. There is a shut off solenoid that in the off postion makes contact with the govenor shaft that goes down through a cover and the rod that goes out to the flywheel area is not frozen and slides freely on the rod that conectos to the shaft that goes straight down. I can't tell for sure if it goes in top of the injection pump or not but it barely moves either way, my guess would be a 1/64 of an inch (maybe). I hope this made some kind of sense. I have posted pics maybe it will help. Wood Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Nut
Font Gas Metal Rectangle Number
advance. The first pi is in the stop position the third is in the run position. Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire Gas Cable

·
'68 - Case 155, '73 - 646a
2,060 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sdunt, Thank you very much for the manual, it was a huge help. I think with this I should be able to get it running soon, I will keep you posted, Again thank you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sdunt, I got it running, it won't idle but it does run. I have a fuel lieak at the fuel bowel that could cause it not to idle. Ran out of time to dig deeper. I'm sitting on the rig right now for the next 2 weeks, but will get back on it when I get home. Thanks again.

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,689 Posts
I noticed the RPM on the data plate reads 1800. So to use in a tractor you would have to make some governor changes.

Keep the ✌
Harry

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,689 Posts
I have read that the Onan gas engine generators have fewer balls than the tractor Onan gas engines. I'm not sure about the Onan diesel engines, but worth investigating.

Keep the ✌
Harry

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have read that the Onan gas engine generators have fewer balls than the tractor Onan gas engines. I'm not sure about the Onan diesel engines, but worth investigating.

Keep the ✌
Harry
OK

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts

Keep the ✌
Harry
Actually as I recall, the 1800 rpm gas powered generator engines have 10 balls in the governor ring. The guys that have used these as repower engines remove every other ball (5 balls) to get the 3600 rpms needed. I'd have to do a bunch of research before I tried this with the diesel though.

Cheers,
Gordy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts