Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No where around here to buy one and why waste the time and fuel driving around looking for one when you can make it.
Coat hanger, 5 minutes, some thinking and there you go. A new pin to hold the lift rod on to the snocaster.

Noel

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
No where around here to buy one and why waste the time and fuel driving around looking for one when you can make it.
Coat hanger, 5 minutes, some thinking and there you go. A new pin to hold the lift rod on to the snocaster.

Noel
I being a penny pincher objected to paying $4.50 a peace for them ;) Got some small trashed ( flux coming off) welding rod in an auction lot. Was working pipeline so spent a lot of time waiting for others to do their job so I could then do mine, and made up enough to last a lifetime :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have seen these called an industrial safety pin or shackle safety pin.

As I did a search one of the images that popped up was of a metal fishing string line. One of those fish clips would work in a pinch. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I ordered some from Bill at Barneveld implements,they were inexpensive
I don't know what your definition of inexpensive is, I happened to be at Menard's today and I checked on the pricing of those Safety Pins, 201-6461, regular price is $1.09ea, with the 11% rebate, it would bring them down to .97 cents each.

That is a whole lot less than $4.50 each.

For your information

·
Premium Member
444 case
92 Posts
I don't know what your definition of inexpensive is, I happened to be at Menard's today and I checked on the pricing of those Safety Pins, 201-6461, regular price is $1.09ea, with the 11% rebate, it would bring them down to .97 cents each.

For your information
Then you have to spend that rebate in their store,not for me,and you know you get what you pay for, I'm pretty sure I didn't pay half that much for them,but I'll check tomorrow

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts

For your information
At one of the local shops you order something and are quoted the price, then when you pick it up they add a shipping charge that for small items can be more than the part cost. Some of their suppliers have a $20 flat rate shipping, so if you order a $6 part = $26. Unless they can get multiple customer orders bundled together, then the customers share the shipping cost.

Cheers,
Gordy

PS: I don't go there much any more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts