Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I am located in Northern New Jersey and am new to Ingersoll just having purchased a non running 4118 with 645hrs, in what appears to be rather good physical condition. It includes a mower deck and snow blower which I have listed for sale as I have no place to use it.
Its an experiment for me and I am hoping to figure out what is wrong without hopefully relying on you too much.
I have been poking around the site and am impressed at how much knowledge and experience there is with the members.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Locking hubs

·
Administrator
8,323 Posts
AndreWOW you found a great looking tractor, it has a Onan engine,You should check out the Onan section, there a lot of good questions and some good answers on the Onan motorsAlso take a look at the parts and service manuals for the 4018, if you have any questions by all means ask OK.Enjoy your time here and thanks for joining our group

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It is one of many projects so it is down on the list a little.
In my research I have been confused by what is difference between 4018 and 4118?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Andre,

Welcome to the club!
Nice looking gt.

The difference between a 4118 and a 4018 is the 4118 is fully hydraulic and the 4018 hydraulic system runs only the lift system, the travel system and PS if it is added. The 4118 mower deck and snocaster are both run hydraulically.

Congrats on your new Ingersoll 4118.

Jim

·
Registered
519 Posts
Andre,

Welcome and nice GT! Consider holding on to the mower deck and snowcaster for a bit. As mentioned the 4100 series GTs run both these attachments off the tractor's hydraulic system versus a belt system and electric clutch used on the 4000 series. Should you sell them now and change your mind down the road, they are rather pricy to pick up used, not to mention rather difficult to come by. Just my two cents

Josh

·
Super Moderator
3,569 Posts
Welcome aboard Andre!!! Great to have you here. That is a sweet tractor you picked up. Good Luck with getting it running and please keep us updated whenever you find time to work on it. Enjoy the site.

Capt Dan

·
Registered
481 Posts
I agree with jrussell - do not sell the attachments, if you decide to sell this tractor down the road it won't be worth much without the attachments being they are so hard to come by.

·
Site sponsor, Parts Dealer
3,054 Posts
Hello & Welcome Andre, Congrats on the 4118. We are glad you joined and hope you ENJOY this great site. We would be happy to help out with parts needs. Take Care from Bill & Charlie at Barneveld Imp. (Site Sponsor) 608-924-1662

·
Administrator
2,841 Posts
Welcome

I am working on a member map.
If you check this post (click on it) and follow the instructions you can get yourself on that map.

http://casecoltingersoll.com/threads...CCI-Member-map

Tips for newcomers...

Please go to your member profile and list your location. This helps when you want to price, sell, or buy something.

Please resist the temptation to 'Look with your mouth'. :thumbup:
The search box is on the upper RH corner of every page.

Please take the time to at least scan the titles of the Frequently Asked Questions before you ask one of them.
http://casecoltingersoll.com/forumdi...-Tractor-FAQ-s

Visit the technical library and see what a wide range type of information is available there.
http://casecoltingersoll.com/forumdi...hnical-Library

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Josh. I misspoke, misstyped, I am looking to sell the snow caster as it is way too big for my driveway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts