Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
1978 224
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Been on the site a bit lately after my newest acquisition followed me home. 1978 224, was able to find a pretty clean all original model with 38" deck & snowblower. I also found a 48" deck and a "Grader Blade" that mounts under the tractor. Will get some more pic's loaded soon. A lot of great info on here, thanks!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Started teardown:
Orange Asphalt Motor vehicle Gas Automotive tire

Administrator
Welcome

Tips for newcomers...

Please go to your member profile and list your location. This helps when you want to price, sell, or buy something.

Detailed instructions can be found here --> https://casecoltingersoll.com/showthread.php/89291-How-to-add-location-to-your-profile

Please resist the temptation to 'Look with your mouth'. 馃憤
The search box is on the TOP of every page.

Please take the time to at least scan the titles of the Frequently Asked Questions before you ask one of them.

Visit the technical library and see what a wide range type of information is available there.

Administrator
HELLO and welcome (y)
Looks like you picked up a nice lo/pro 馃憖
Now you have a tractor that can keep your yard mowed and your driveway clean all winter
Thee 224 makes a great work horse around the homestead 馃挭
Try to enjoy your time here and thanks for joining our group. (y)

bigman 鈽

Registered
1978 224
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Grew up with these all around back in the 70's/80's. When my 15 year old son asked why I bought it, I pointed to our 6 year old Husqvarna mower purchased at Lowe's, and told him I bought that when he was 8-9 year's old. Said the Case was built/sold when I was 7/8 year's old...then asked if he thought the Husqvarna would be around when he was 50...

Premium Member
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Grew up with these all around back in the 70's/80's. When my 15 year old son asked why I bought it, I pointed to our 6 year old Husqvarna mower purchased at Lowe's, and told him I bought that when he was 8-9 year's old. Said the Case was built/sold when I was 7/8 year's old...then asked if he thought the Husqvarna would be around when he was 50...
I feel the same way. Everyone keeps asking me 鈥渨hy do you keep buying these old tractors 鈥 and I tell the. The same thing.

Registered
Bought it this time last year. Sept 26. This is what the Case 446 looked like, but I had put a seat and the wheel weights on it at this point, then a year later. I will fix up and paint the snow caster soon, hopefully. Weights are painted, but not on yet.

Noel

Attachments

Administrator
Nice photos

Reactions: El Presidente'

Registered
1978 224
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Going together quickly. Decals from Maple Hunter were spot on, and quick delivery to Canada. I found the "Chevy Orange" from Dupli-Color to be a pretty good match. Using there Enamel Clearcoat did haze a little bit on me, (never paint when cool and humid...dummy-:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, but using light heat, it cleared up. Electrical component's should hopefully be in next few days.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts