Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just purchased a 646 last month. Went to look at a speedex and came across it. 81 year old gentleman had quite the collection and couldn't let it sit there. He mentioned he was getting too old to take his tractors to shows and was selling a few. Glad I found it and this place!!

·
Administrator
8,390 Posts
Hello Ron T
BIG WELCOME To CCI., (y)
Were sure glad you found us too :cool:
👀 WOW that's a really nice 646 you found yourself 👀
I can't believe the lower dash panel is still on board 👀
Those panels run off all the time 🧩, I see them missing more than finding them with the loader
Enjoy your time here and enjoy your 646 too, thanks for joining our group

bigman ☕

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,649 Posts
Welcome to the CCI forum Ron. Looks like you found an excellent 646 for yourself. I see it has been repowered, so please send some pics of the engine area under the hood. I would be interested to see how they routed the exhaust. Thanks in advance.

Keep the Peace ✌
Harry

·
Administrator
2,912 Posts
Welcome

Tips for newcomers...

Please go to your member profile and list your location. This helps when you want to price, sell, or buy something.

Detailed instructions can be found here --> https://casecoltingersoll.com/showthread.php/89291-How-to-add-location-to-your-profile

Please resist the temptation to 'Look with your mouth'. 👍
The search box is on the TOP of every page.

Please take the time to at least scan the titles of the Frequently Asked Questions before you ask one of them.

Visit the technical library and see what a wide range type of information is available there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome from another loader owner.

On my 6018 the drive motor and fender clearance don't allow for regular steel chains. I do have a set of SoftClaw rubber chains which help on frozen ground and snow. I wouldn't try them for dirt traction. https://www.rubbertirechains.com/

I find rear weight to be helpful on dirt.
I'm good in the dirt and have sufficient weight. It's the snow I want them for.

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,649 Posts
Thanks for all the pics on the exhaust routing Ron. I'm considering a repowering of a 646 also, so I was curious of the exhaust.
Keep the Peace ✌
Harry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts