Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

New member and new owner of 7020

Tags
1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  BarnImp.1662 
#1 ·
Looking for a picture of power steering hose routing under dash. Have a 446 and had a 224 and 444 before that. Love them so when I got a chance to get a 7020 that needed work I jumped on it. Been having an issue getting the steering back together properly. Last owner removed the steering valve and dismantled it, he Misdiagnosed the issue, the seals were bad in the cylinder. I have since bought the rebuild kit and put the valve back together. I have tried putting the valve back in looking at the Manuel but don't seem to have it right can someone please take a pic of the hose routing under the dash .

·

#2 ·
Welcome aboard Wmthomas !!! Great to have you here. Congratulations on your 7020 sorry I can't help you with the power steering situation. Plenty of owners here so hopefully someone to be along that can help you out. Please post some pics when you're able to.

Enjoy the site
Capt Dan

#3 ·
Welcome

Tips for newcomers...

Please go to your member profile and list your location. This helps when you want to price, sell, or buy something.

Detailed instructions can be found here --> How to add location to your profile.

Please resist the temptation to 'Look with your mouth'. 👍
The search box is on the TOP of every page.

Please take the time to at least scan the titles of the Frequently Asked Questions before you ask one of them.

Visit the technical library and see what a wide range type of information is available there.

#5 ·
Comparing the 6020 and 7020 parts manuals leads me to believe that they are the SAME. So some pictures of 6020 power steering:

Shot from Tractor left side under dash look past the pressure relief valve to cooler in the back ground.

Under dash straight back looking at bottom of PS 'pump'

From the right side looking over the loader valve:

below the loader valve, looking right to left:

Hope that helps. I took those because we were troubleshooting a PS issue that turned out to be a LOOSE nut on the PS hydraulic cylinder and that fault has occurred on multiple tractors: 6018/6020 Power Steering Pump - Control Model number?

#6 ·
Thank you sdunt. I believe I tried that configuration, it's the way the I thought the Manuel showed. I will try it again perhaps I didn't get all the air out of the system. Turning didn't operate to well and no loader operation then. I rotated the valve, clock wise so that the rubber steering hoses are both toward the front of the tractor and steering was slightly better and loader operated only as long as I had was turning the wheels.

#8 ·
The Loader circuit on a 60xx, 70xx runs in a 'power beyound' configuration. Look for marking on the P/S controller that says PB or AUX. that would be the line that goes to the LOADER valve.

I cannot guarantee that is ACCURATE, its from That P/S control should have 5 connections, in, out, Right, Left and AUX or PB. In is from the secondary pump - smaller pump of the tractor and out is routed to the return line somewhere. Left and right go to the steering cylinder. Aux - PB is to the loader.

You want to look at the manuals in hydraulic section especially the hydraulics, how they work manuals. The 9-50884 manual on page 21 has a diagram of the hydraulic flow in what would be a 7020.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.