Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks Just bought an Ingersoll 4020. Not sure what year yet, 80's or early 90's. This looked like a good place to rustle up some info from some like minded enthusiasts. Greetings and good wishes to all.
Slainte
Skepticelt

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello and welcome fellow Michigander!

The technical section is at the bottom of the page it's a good idea to download all you manuals.
Congrats on your 4020 and enjoy the site.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
3,543 Posts
Welcome aboard Slainte !!! Great to have you here. Congratulations on your 4020 an please post some pics when you're able to.

Enjoy the site
Capt Dan

·
Site sponsor, Parts Dealer
3,052 Posts
Hello & Welcome Skepticelt, Congrats on the 4020!! We are glad to have you here with us & hope you enjoy this site, we are all here to help out. PM us or call our shop anytime if we could help with parts ect. 608-924-1662, Take Care From Bill & Charlie at Barneveld Imp. (The Parts Guys) www.barneveldimp.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HI Skepticelt
Always like having guys from Michigan
We use to have a drop down on the header for what year it my be here
Find the model year of your Case/Colt/Ingersoll tractor - What Year? | Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors

Try enjoy your time here
bigman
Thanks. I look forward to learning about the tractors.
HI Skepticelt
Always like having guys from Michigan
We use to have a drop down on the header for what year it my be here
Find the model year of your Case/Colt/Ingersoll tractor - What Year? | Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors

Try enjoy your time here
bigman
capabilities

·
Administrator
2,784 Posts
Welcome

Tips for newcomers...

Please go to your member profile and list your location. This helps when you want to price, sell, or buy something.

Detailed instructions can be found here --> How to add location to your profile.

Please resist the temptation to 'Look with your mouth'. 👍
The search box is on the upper RH corner of every page.

Please take the time to at least scan the titles of the Frequently Asked Questions before you ask one of them.

Visit the technical library and see what a wide range type of information is available there.

Reactions: Capt. Dan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info. I will try to.be a contributor rather than a burden. Appreciate the opportunity to join. All the best.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Folks Just bought an Ingersoll 4020. Not sure what year yet, 80's or early 90's. This looked like a good place to rustle up some info from some like minded enthusiasts. Greetings and good wishes to all.
Slainte
Skepticelt
Found the serial number it is apparently 1993. 48" deck 50" snow plow. Going clean is up and do what I can in maintenance and use it this winter on the driveway. I still have my old tractor and I intend to run it to the point of failure. The mowing deck on these for anyone on here who does not know are not exactly a joy to install. They are heavy. If I never have to install it that would be ok as well. Getting old and starting to realize certain limitations. Horsing around things that weigh more than you do gets to be a real drag after 50. I am well beyond that.

Product ID 14176825 model 4020 All original engine and hydraulics work good.
Goint change the oil in the engine. I am considering if I should change the oil in the reservoir for te hydraulics. Will graciously accept all tips and watch out for's

Thanks to anyone who is kind enough to reply. Slainte (aka cheers) in Gaelic Pronounced Slan-cha

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,239 Posts
Skepicelt, Welcome to the forum. Hope your new to you 4020 meets your needs and is running fine. If not manuals are here for reference or just send a message with the situation and someone will answer your request. If you could post some pics we all love them.

Keep the Peace
Harry

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
Found the serial number it is apparently 1993. 48" deck 50" snow plow. Going clean is up and do what I can in maintenance and use it this winter on the driveway. I still have my old tractor and I intend to run it to the point of failure. The mowing deck on these for anyone on here who does not know are not exactly a joy to install. They are heavy. If I never have to install it that would be ok as well. Getting old and starting to realize certain limitations. Horsing around things that weigh more than you do gets to be a real drag after 50. I am well beyond that.

Product ID 14176825 model 4020 All original engine and hydraulics work good.
Goint change the oil in the engine. I am considering if I should change the oil in the reservoir for te hydraulics. Will graciously accept all tips and watch out for's

Thanks to anyone who is kind enough to reply. Slainte (aka cheers) in Gaelic Pronounced Slan-cha
If you have not found out already, The hydraulics DO NOT use hydraulic oil. Factory spec 20w-40, Most of us use 15w-40 it is much easier to get and a lot cheaper and works just fine. The reason for the heavy oil has to do with the clearances in the drive motor on the rear end. Crawl under the tractor, you will see the Travel Control Valve between the foot rests. There is a allen plug on the bottom of that valve, that is the drain plug for the hydraulics.

Cheers
Gordy

·
Registered
444 case
15 Posts
H
Slainte
Skepticelt
Houghton lake here

·
Registered
1993 Ingersoll 4118
197 Posts
Welcome skepticelt. Nice 4020, they're a great tractor. As you go through it there's plenty of help here. Seems like a lot of Michigan members here, maybe even someone close to you that can give you a hand with that deck. Like anything, a couple of times and you'll find a way to make it easier. Changing the oil in the motor and hydraulic system if it's unknown is a good idea. You should also look at getting the gasket that goes around the engine oil filter. It is important for properly cooling.
Enjoy your new toy
Timj

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yes. Figuring out how to install the deck the easy way. There is a way. Once under the tractor. Lower lift links and attach deck. Then start tractor and lift deck. Guide front mule into snapfast mount and lock in. Put belt on and good to go. The trick is to hook up the lift links and raise deck first. Good luck with your new tractor. These are the best.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts