Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

New Member from Ontario, Canada. Yes were not all esquimos.

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  jayvee43 
#1 ·
Well I decided it was about time I introduced myself. I am a Yamaha/Arctic cat Dealership Tech. I have a couple of MTD's and a case 200 series.

I've enjoyed watching how things seems to work here, and I am ready to say Hello!

:shock: Norm.

#2 ·
Re: New Member from Ontario, Canada. Yes were not all esquim

Salut Normand and welcome to CCI. In my experience this is great spot to frequent, even if it not always related to tractors. That being said, you are always welcome to avail yourself to the vast knowledge base, both from the archives and the friendly folk who hang out here. :thumbsup: :canada:
Troll

#3 ·

Welcome Norm,

It's good to finally have someone from the Far North join this forum.

I'm surprised at your reference to "esquimo's" since this term has been considered politically incorrect in your country for many years. :lol: For some strange reason, I always thought that the word was "eskimo's" but perhaps it's just one of those regional differences. :lol:

In any event, we are all glad that you finally came out of the closet and introduced yourself. By the way, it's perfectly OK to tell us which 200 model you have unless you are in a Witness Protection Program and the RCMP is screening all your correspondence. :lol: :lol:

Since you have been here awhile, I guess that you don't need any instructions on how to navigate the site.

Enjoy. :thumbsup:

#4 ·

No, I don't think I will need much more instructions. I am from a little village north of Ontario, between Hurst, and Long Lac. Don't know if you know where that is.

I was raised French, and now am Englo. so bear with me.

I have a 222 and it has a Kohler engine. I don't know too mutch more than that. I clear out brushes and the likes in the summer and it stays parked in the winter.
That's about it.

#5 ·

Long Lac (or Long Lake) is almost due west of Hearst (Hurst) but both are situated north of the USA, on the basis of latitude. Therefore, it does get cold and you do see a fair bit of snow. You are sort of in the lower mid-section of Ontario. There is certainly nothing wrong with being French-Canadian but I appreciate your resolve to embrace the English language. I have some French-Canadian connections in my family. Thanks for letting us know that up front.

Whatever you need to know about your 222 can be found here. We have the Operator' s Manual, the Parts Manual, the Service Manuals and plenty of good advice on the forums. Do not hesitate to make full use of those facilities.

:thumbsup:

#6 ·

Welcome to the site Norm, we're glad you joined and also came in for an introduction. We have many fine members from Canada! :canada: :usa: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: We look forward to talking with you more on site. :thumbup:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

#7 ·

Thanks Ritch and Tom. Tom, if you don't mind my askin, are you a Case tractor dealer or a veteran mechanic? You do sound very knowledable. Is it ok to ask what you do for a livin?

#10 ·

normand1965 said:
Thanks Ritch and Tom. Tom, if you don't mind my askin, are you a Case tractor dealer or a veteran mechanic? You do sound very knowledable. Is it ok to ask what you do for a livin?
No... I am not a tractor dealer and I don't do anything for a living. I have done some mechanical work in the past, though.

#13 ·

Thanks RamCharger, I know North Bay very well. We used to have a Cottage along the "little Joko River" just about 10 miles down a forest access road.

I live in the long stretch from Long Lac to where the sun don't shine anymore.

Lac Temiscaming was my back yard for years. I think that makes me a Northerner. But according to some Toronto folks, I'm still just East Ontario. Wish the Province was devided a little better.

Anyways, thanks for the Hello, and welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.